Transportation Admin - Earn $18 Per Hour
Posted on: May 10, 2022
DISCOVER WHAT'S NEXT for your career!
We connect farms to families. And now, you can be a part of that.
As a Transportation -Dispatcher, you matter. You aren't just
responsible for driver check-in and inspecting trucks and equipment
to ensure on-time departure, you are doing the work that nourishes
millions. We are excited about what we do and we want people who
can get excited with us. - -
- Pay Starting at $18.00/ hr, plus experience -.
- Growth and professional development opportunities.
- We're committed to listening and responding to
- Full-time employment opportunity, several shifts available.
Responsible for driver scheduling and dispatching trucks to ensure
on-time departure. Monitors drivers throughout the day and relays
information to customer service so they may inform customers of
potential late deliveries or problems. Responsible for monitoring
hours of service for drivers.
The right candidate will have Transportation experience in
dispatch, knowledgeable of DOT rules, hours of service and familiar
with the tri-state area NY, CT, NJ. - -Must be able to work with
spreadsheets and have EXCELLENT customer service skills.
EEO / VETERANS / DISABLED
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Prepares driver scheduling and updates daily
- Creating Driver packages and checking the paperwork upon
- Dispatches trucks and ensures on-time departure.
- Collaborates with Customer Service for late truck
- Prepares and maintains DVCR spreadsheet.
- Modifies trips and enters paper logs into On Board Computer
- Ensures available hours report is accurate for DOT
- Offers support/directions to drivers whenever necessary.
- Dispatching functions are completed in accordance with Company
standards and procedures including quality standards and safety
- Effective communication and coordination exist with Company
personnel and with management. Assistance and support are provided
- Deadlines are met.
- Candidates with previous trucking -dispatcher experience will
- Understanding of Safety guidelines
- Warehouse/Operations preferred but not required.
- Ability to communicate and work well with others.
- Astute, close attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Familiar with delivery routes and DOT rules and
- Understanding of procedures in other areas of the warehouse for
a more global understanding of all processes.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or
protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer
committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for
all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Keywords: UNFI, Danbury , Transportation Admin - Earn $18 Per Hour, Professions , Montgomery, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!