Field Maintenance Technician
Company: Toshiba America Business Solutions
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Field Service Technician III/Lead
Toshiba America Business Solutions, a leader in digital technology,
is seeking a Field Service Technician III/Lead reporting into the
Newburgh, NY location. Our people bring innovative, real-world
solutions for our client's print management needs; we help cut
costs, secure documents and reduce the environmental footprint. We
are a growing, dynamic organization that has a need for individuals
who are driven to contribute their professional best.
Position Summary: Provide technical service by maintaining,
servicing, and repairing office equipment (B & W, color, and
multifunctional devices) at customer locations in assigned
territories. Provide guidance to less senior Service
- Maintain, service, and repair office equipment at customer
locations in assigned territories in an effective and efficient
manner. This includes but is not limited to diagnostics,
installation, modifications, upgrades, repair, removal and
retrofits of office products.
- Ensure machines are maintained in a clean and proper
- Complete assigned field calls according to priority while
executing proper time management while on field assignment.
- Coordinate with dispatch and keep them informed of all re-route
activity as appropriate.
- May contribute to supplies sales and passing leads to
- Advise management of problem areas as needed.
- Provide daily guidance to less senior staff to maintain first
- Act as Team Lead in the field and advise management of problem
areas as needed.
- Maintain service benchmarks set by TBS and industry standards
to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Manage car inventory to ensure adequate part levels are
available in order to service machines. Maintain tools and test
equipment to ensure they are in service-ready condition.
- May rebuild components in shop to develop technical skills for
- Practice PM procedures and repair techniques to build
proficiency for field assignments.
- Complete service training as required by TBS.
- Complete basic dealer and manufacturer training on specified
systems. Attend department meetings as required.
- Ensure service activities are accurately documented according
to service practices using automated systems and/or established
- This includes but is not limited to call, mileage, and expense
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 5 years of experience in technical repair and service of
- Demonstrated experience with document management, MFP and print
- Must have experience providing on-site service and repair to
- Ability to handle complex issues and provide solutions where
- Strong customer service skills are essential. Ability to
multitask and prioritize assignments.
- Must have good communications skills (written and verbal)
including tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers.
- Requires a valid state driver's license.
- Experience as a field service technician in the office
equipment industry preferred.
- Good customer service skills are essential.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize assignments and work
- Computer literate and good communication (written and verbal)
skills including tact and diplomacy when dealing with
- Ability to lift 50lbs. The job involves frequent bending,
lifting, and reaching.
- Toshiba America Business Solutions is currently accepting proof
of vaccination status on a voluntary basis during the onboarding
Toshiba America Business Solutions, Inc. offers a competitive
salary and generous benefits package including the following:
- Group health coverage (medical, dental, & vision)
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- 401(k) plan
- Company provided life insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee discounts
- Generous paid holiday schedule, paid vacation & sick/personal
Toshiba America Business Solutions is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified
applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed,
disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information,
military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender,
gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any
other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants
regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a
disability for any part of the employment process should email
Accommodation Request@tabs.toshiba.com to request an
Keywords: Toshiba America Business Solutions, Danbury , Field Maintenance Technician, Professions , Beacon, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!