Truck Driver CDL A - Home Daily!
Posted on: November 19, 2021
**6 months of Driving Experience Required**HOME DAILY!
*Part-time schedule allows drivers to work 2-days a week and decide
the days and dispatch schedule!
At United Natural Foods, Inc. (UNFI), we know people thrive when
they can do what they enjoy. We take our mission of discovering top
talent and serving our associates seriously. That's why we hire the
brightest and most passionate individuals. Our goal is to keep you
fulfilled, happy, and continually learning.
UNFI is seeking motivated individuals to fill our Driver careers
based out of our Montgomery, NY DC. CDL- Class A Truck Drivers are
needed in our growing company!
If you enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for
an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals,
we invite you to apply online today. Our Truck Drivers are
responsible for delivering products to customers, loading and
unloading the truck in a safe and timely manner according to UNFI
procedures, minimizing delays and reporting problems, and picking
up supplies and back-hauls from vendors.
Why Work for UNFI of Hudson Valley?
UNFI takes great care of our employees, so we want our benefits to
work for you
Drive for UNFI- the best route delivery job there is!
- Part-time schedule that YOU decide! Choose 2 days between
Sunday-Saturday and the AM or PM dispatch!
- Profit Sharing Bonus
- Annual safety incentive programs
- Local routes only for home daily/nightly!
- Short replacement cycles for our state-of-the-art fleet
- On-board satellite communications with paperless logs and trip
- Private transportation company, not for hire
The essential functions and basic duties of the CDL Driver are to
perform pre and post trip inspection of their vehicle utilizing
knowledge of safe and effective loading and handling procedures. As
a Delivery Driver, you are also responsible for delivering and
unloading products, reviewing paperwork for completeness and
accuracy, checking orders for correct number of boxes, correcting
addresses and support documentation, completing time cards,
entering trip data into on-board computer, and completing paper
logs if necessary.
- Complying with FMCSA regulations
- Delivering and unloading products utilizing equipment,
including tractor trailer, ramps, lift gates, pallet jacks, load
bars, and other devices which assist delivery
- Operating vehicle safely within UNFI guidelines minimizing
accidents, traffic violations, and complaints from the public
- Reporting any accident immediately to the Transportation
- Keeping vehicles well maintained, safe, and secure; reporting
any defects promptly using DCVR form
- Picking up supplies and back hauls from vendors while
completing related paperwork
- Addressing and resolving customer problems as appropriate
- Ensuring customer orders arrive in quality condition and
correspond precisely to the initial order
- Communicating professionally with customers and vendors
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid medical card as prescribed by the Federal Motor Carrier
Administration and a valid state specific Commercial Driver's
License (Class A and CDL Drivers require respective licensing)
- Ability to pass a written exam and road test
- Basic knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) law and
mandates and understanding of UNFI's safety standards
- Must be at least 21 years of age
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, age religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin,
disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal
Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and
respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA
Keywords: UNFI, Danbury , Truck Driver CDL A - Home Daily!, Professions , Walden, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!