Company: STS Technical Services
Location: New Windsor
Posted on: May 28, 2023
is hiring -in . Position Overview: STS Line Maintenance is
looking for highly motivated A&P Mechanics to help us grow our
line maintenance station in White Plains, NY (HPN) and Stewart
Field in New Windsor, NY (SWF). The A&P Mechanic supports the
daily needs of the maintenance operations for our customers and
ensures an outstanding experience by providing top-level service.
STS Line Maintenance is one of the largest line maintenance support
providers in the United States, and we pride ourselves in providing
high quality and reliable aircraft maintenance support services
through our nation-wide network. Job Duties:
- This position reports directly to the Line Maintenance Station
Manager and Station Leads. Candidate will work in close partnership
with the field airlines, flight crew and other Aircraft Maintenance
- The candidate will ensure aircraft are maintained to
airworthiness standards prescribed by applicable regulations,
airworthiness directives, company policies and best practices.
- Inspect, test, troubleshoot, adjust and repair different
transport category aircraft airframes and engines using hand tools
and test equipment.
- Maintain the highest level of quality and integrity.
- Adjust, repair or replace defective components based on
analysis of test results while following maintenance manuals,
schematics, handbooks and other technical documentation.
- Use precision instruments and equipment to measure parts for
wear and repair or replace as required.
- Other duties as may be deemed necessary.
- Able to work outdoors and in inclement weather as
- Work will be performed on various Commercial and Large Regional
- Must hold a current and valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant
certifications -(A&P) with no history of infractions.
- Must have a minimum of 3 -years recent A&P experience on
either Commercial or Large Regional turbine powered aircraft, in a
Line Maintenance or MRO environment.
- Own set of standard line maintenance tools (calibrated &
specialty tooling will be provided).
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude while being -able to
perform your job with minimal supervision.
- With or without accommodations, employees must be able to work
standing, climb ladders and stairs and must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to pass background check as well as drug & alcohol
test. In addition, he / she must be able to obtain customs & border
- Must have basic-to-mid-level computer & organizational
- Experience working under a FAA approved Part 145 repair station
or Part 135 experience is highly desired.
- Inspection Authorization (IA) license is a plus.
- Must be able to read and interpret aircraft maintenance manuals
and specifications to determine feasibility and method of
repairing, or replacing, malfunctioning and ./ or damaged
- Ability to work with little supervision while being able to
-troubleshoot and repair systems on aircraft airframes and
engine(s). This includes electrical, mechanical and hydraulic.
- Versatility and flexibility will be important as the schedule
could include days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Superior customer focus, communication skills, and work ethic
with a commitment to excellence.
- These are Full Time positions Rate of Pay:
- The starting rate of pay for this position will range from $32
-to $43 -per hour, depending on previous experience.
- Yearly raises are available upon evaluation. Benefits:
- Full Time: PTO, Health Insurance, 401K (No Benefits for Part
Time). About STS Line Maintenance: STS Line Maintenance operates 41
line maintenance stations throughout the United States, Bahamas,
United Kingdom and France. At each of these stations, our team(s)
offer a full range of support services, FAA / DER engineering
assistance, AOG response teams and enhanced reliability through
rapid response times. Skilled mechanics stand ready to handle RON
maintenance, turnaround checks, non-routine discrepancy reports and
ground equipment maintenance via scheduled or on-call action. To
learn more about STS Line Maintenance and what makes it the company
with ???Solutions to Keep You Flying,??? please visit - or call
1-800-359-4787 ext. 9189. #ZR
Keywords: STS Technical Services, Danbury , A&P Mechanics, Other , New Windsor, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...