Company: Posted by The Council of Industry
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Food Manufacturer & Distributor seeking an Operations Assistant. The Operations Assistant will fully assist operations on a daily basis and will work directly under the supervision of VP of Production, Quality Control/Assurance Manager and Production Floor Management. This is a full time position and requires schedule flexibility to support a variety of shifts and product sales seasonality.
Candidate must be highly knowledgeable in food processing/manufacturing and inventory control, lean manufacturing a plus. Please do not apply if you do not meet these qualifications.
Schedule flexibility required during training period to learn all processes and also to adapt to seasonal peaks.
Starting Salary: $55,000/year
Typical hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-6pm
PTO, employer contributed health, dental and vision insurance, 401k
Operations Assistant responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Inventory Control- implementing inventory control systems and practices. Perform physical cycle counts and reconcile in system.
- Purchasing- setup minimum stock warnings in system, aid in purchasing to maintain these minimums, keeping accurate receiving records and building relationships with vendors.
- Software Maintenance- Manage all items, bill of materials and production routing. Analyze BOMS and update as needed to improve consumption accuracy. Assist with Production Worksheets, Orders and creating new items/ BOMS as needed.
- Demand Analysis- update weekly demand analysis for production planning. Perform system and process tests to track performance, solve problems to ensure optimal production efficiency.
- Quality Control/Assurance- support team by helping to improve processes, minimize waste and check that all quality standards are being met.
Candidate must be knowledgeable in Food Manufacturing, Inventory Control, Bill of Materials and experience using ERP/MRP systems. Specific training will be provided during a paid, 3-month probationary period.
Our smokehouse smokes fresh sustainably-raised Atlantic salmon onsite everyday. All of our smoked salmon varieties are all-natural, use no preservatives, and are never frozen before or after smoking. We don't stock an inventory of smoked salmon-we receive our fish directly from the airport and after inspection it goes right into our smoking process and then out the door to be delivered to our customers.
The supremely delicate taste and luxurious feel of true caviar cannot be disputed. Quality caviar must have a bright glossy color, fresh, mild smell, uniformly sized eggs, and lightly salty flavor, -NOIR caviar -meets all of those criteria. To ensure their goal, caviar is sourced from only the best sturgeon farms around the world and every shipment is graded as it arrives to ensure that only the best makes it into the -NOIR Caviar -line. - -
Global aquaculture farms are first and foremost concerned with conservation. Responsibly operated aquaculture centers recognize that pulling fish from the world's oceans and lakes isn't a sustainable practice. Aquaculture centers raise fish in everything from traditional fish ponds to high-tech tank systems. Each farming technique has its own distinct environmental footprint. By choosing seafood from reputable, responsible, and conscientious farms and production systems, consumers can play a positive role in reducing fish farming's potential negative impacts.
Keywords: Posted by The Council of Industry, Danbury , Operations Assistant, Other , Wallkill, Connecticut
here to apply!