Human Resources Coordinator
Company: The Culinary Institute of America
Location: Hyde Park
Posted on: March 17, 2023
The Human Resources Coordinator supports the Benefits Manager with
benefits and leave of absence administration, as well as supporting
the successful operations of the Human Resources department by
providing administrative efficiency and support.
- Provides support for the benefits administration processes of
the Human Resources department, including working with employees to
resolve benefit issues, resolving issues with benefits carriers,
entering and approving benefit transactions in the HR and benefit
administration systems, and updating communication information for
- Works with the Benefits Manager to manage the administration of
the CIA's benefit and retirement plans.Conducts benefit new hire
orientation and assists employees with questions regarding the
benefit plans.Audits benefit plan information in the HR system to
ensure accuracy. Assists with benefits contributions and payroll
processing on a bi-weekly basis.
- Provides support for the benefit billing reconciliation and
follows up with Accounts Payable on payment issues.
- Administers the CIA's leave of absence programs, including all
federal and state mandated leaves and CIA leaves.Creates,
distributes and tracks employee letters and forms, manages COBRA
and benefit contribution coordination, completes payroll requests,
tracks return to work dates, pro-actively follows up on any issues,
and communicates leave information to departmental managers.
- Completes and submits paperwork for unemployment claims and
workers compensation claims.
- Administers the benefit documentation processes for all
employee data related to hiring, changes during employment and
termination of employment. Ensures that proper approvals are
received for all changes and that all benefit eligibility changes
are processed correctly.
- Assists with the administration of the CIA's wellness
program.Assists employees with questions regarding the wellness
plan and coordinates events, communications and wellness point
updates with the wellness vendor.
- Completes Human Resources special projects as assigned.
- Provides backup reception and general phone coverage for the HR
office. Handles all filing for employee confidential benefit and
- Any and all other duties as assigned. REQUIRED
- Associate's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration
or a related field, or significant work experience in lieu thereof.
- One (1) to two (2) years of experience in an office
environment, preferably in Human Resources or a role dealing with
benefit or leave of absence administration.
- Working knowledge of benefits, HR administration and HR systems
- Experience with an internet-based Human Resources system
required. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- PHR certification preferred.
- Experience with the UKG (formerly UltiPro) HR system or
PlanSource benefit administration system an asset. REQUIRED SKILLS
- Requires a high level of service responsiveness to internal
customers and effective partnership with human resource
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment, and
maintain collaborative relationships with all members of the human
- Ability to use sound judgment and discretion in handling
sensitive human resources issues with confidentiality and
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
required.Must have demonstrated ability in organizational, time
management, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Must be adaptable, dependable, with the ability to handle
multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Must have a proven, consistent track record showing the ability
to work with all levels within an organization.
- Display a high level of energy and self-motivation.
- Strong administrative experience with exceptional
- Demonstrated capability in both oral and written
- Ability to take copious notes and transcribe / prepare
documents on the fly.
- Strong computer experience required which must include
abilities to work effectively with MS Office suite products i.e.
Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Must have an advanced skill level in
Microsoft Excel, and experience with developing reports. WORKING
- Regular work requires the use of a computer, sometimes in
excess of eight (8) hours per day.
- May need to work overtime on weekends or evenings as required
to complete or execute upon assigned projects. ADDITIONAL
At The Culinary Institute of America, it is important to us that we
support our employees with a substantial and meaningful package of
benefits.We believe in supporting our employees with benefits to
assist with work life balance.
Benefits are offered based on the position type and status.
Benefits offered may include:
- Medical and prescription drug plan
- Dental plan, Vision plan
- Insurance: Life, Home, Auto, even Pet!
- Short- and long-term disability plans
- Generous paid time off programs, including paid holidays
- Retirement savings plan 403(b) with company contribution
- Employee assistance program
- And more!
Keywords: The Culinary Institute of America, Danbury , Human Resources Coordinator, Other , Hyde Park, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...