Universal Branch Associate
Company: Hudson Valley FCU
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Hudson Valley Credit Union is currently recruiting for the position of Universal Branch Associate. Primary Function: provide highest level member service through efficient, accurate transaction processing and applying a consultative needs-based sales approach, focused on establishing new member relationships, and deepening and retaining existing relationships, to cross sell HVCU products and services.
* Accurately process transactions. Educate members about the most convenient way to complete transaction processing in the branch and through other channels such as Internet Banking, the mobile app, audio response, the Contact Center, etc. Resolve member complaints and concerns quickly and efficiently and involve other functional areas as needed.
* Responsible for handling large volumes of cash and negotiable items. Assists management with daily operational tasks including operator, ATM, TellerInfinity and branch proof.
* Open new memberships, new accounts, new loans and process loan and account transactions. Refer members to branch business partners for consultation on Financial Services, Insurance Services, Real Estate and Business products as appropriate to meet member needs.
* Consistently follow all applicable policies and procedures. Utilize required programs and systems to assist with cross selling HVCU products and services.
* Acquire in-depth knowledge of credit union products and services through ongoing training and education. Train new Universal Branch Associates as needed.
* Meet or exceed established individual and team goals through the consistent application of the HVCU Sales and Service model in all member interactions. Support the successful implementation of marketing programs and promotions by creating member awareness.
* Adhere to all Credit Union policies, procedures, and regulatory agency requirements. Participate in all required and recommended training and development including, but not limited to, Bank Secrecy Act training (BSA) and demonstrate attained knowledge. Participate on Credit Union teams, projects and strategic initiatives when the opportunity arises. Perform additional duties and special projects as assigned.
* Embrace and apply HVCU's guiding principles to all activities and responsibilities. This includes the Credit Union's Mission, Vision, Core Values, Employee and Member Value Propositions, Sales and Service Model, and commitment to Lean Six Sigma practices. Support the Credit Union's initiatives by demonstrating teamwork and professionalism.
* Responsible for regular and predictable attendance including punctuality.
* High School Diploma, General Education Development (GED) certificate, or state authorized high school equivalent certificate; or a current high school senior in possession of a certificate of satisfactory academic standing, required
* NYS Notary Public license achieved within 12 months of obtaining position, required
* Minimum 1 Year Customer service and sales experience in a financial institution or retail environment experience, required
* Previous Teller or cash handling experience in a financial institution or retail environment, preferred
Why choose HVCU?
HVCU cares for our employees, members, and community. This is exemplified through our awards-winning benefits package, opportunities for professional advancement, commitment to DEI (Diversity, Equity & Inclusion) amongst employees and focus on bettering our community through charitable donations & volunteer hours!
* Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage (coverage starting as low as $20 per month)
* 401(k) with employer match and non-elective employer contribution
* Paid time off (PTO), holidays, and community volunteer time
* Flexible Spending Account (medical & dependent care)
* Life, Short-Term, and Long-Term Disability Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program
* Educational Assistance Program; Student Loan Repayment & Tuition Reimbursement
* HVCU University & Academy; professional development training
* Discounted Loan Rates & Fees
"At HVCU, we recognize that our greatest strength comes from the diversity of our team, the members that we serve, and our communities. We are committed to upholding our values of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in everything we do. We celebrate and embrace what makes each of us different and foster an environment where everyone feels like they belong."
Hudson Valley Credit Union is an AA/EEO employer committed to equal opportunity and employee diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, the status of being transgender, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, marital or familial status, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Hudson Valley FCU, Danbury , Universal Branch Associate, Other , Mahopac, Connecticut
here to apply!