Preschool Aid / CDA Specialist - Danbury
Company: Connecticut Institute for Communities, Inc.
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Connecticut Institute for Communities, Inc. Description: CIFC's
Danbury Early Learning Programs are looking to fill the position of
Child Development Associate (CDA) Specialist. Summary: The position
is responsible for assisting 1-2 classrooms in planning and
implementing classroom routines, curriculum, meals, and related
activities for pre-school and/or infant toddler children (ages 6
months-5 years). This position serves as the aid in a classroom of
14 to 20 Head Start /Preschool children and/or 7-8 Infant/Toddler
children. This position is chiefly responsible to assist in the
core functions of the Head Start program and performs other tasks
as needed. CDA Specialists work under the direction of 1-2 assigned
Lead Teacher(s) and is supervised by the Education Services
- Unit: Early Learning
- Immediate Supervisor: Education Services Professional
- Classification: Standard / Full Time (1.0 FTE) or Part-Time
- Status: Non-Exempt
- Directly Supervises: None Requirements:
- 18+ years old, required.
- Entry level position; previous babysitting or childcare
experience is preferred.
- Basic computer experience is required (i.e. email, word
processing, internet navigation).
- Bilingual candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applicants with multiple language capabilities (English,
Spanish, and/or Portuguese) are preferred.
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required
(completed or currently enrolled).
- Child Development Associate (CDA) Certificate or a commitment
to obtain a CDA within 1 year of employment is required (paid by
the employer) is required.
- Early Childhood Education Credits are preferred; and/or
Associate and/or Bachelor degrees are preferred. Health
- Recent documentation free of communicable diseases (i.e. TB and
- Recent fit for duty examination.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. Competitive compensation, plus
comprehensive fringe benefits package including paid holidays, paid
time off, health, dental, vision coverage and retirement program.
CIFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Provider.
Keywords: Connecticut Institute for Communities, Inc., Danbury , Preschool Aid / CDA Specialist - Danbury, Other , Danbury, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!