Preschool Aid / CDA Specialist - Danbury
Company: Connecticut Institute For Communities, Inc. (CIFC)
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Connecticut Institute for Communities, Inc.
CIFC's Danbury Early Learning Programs are looking to fill the
position of Child Development Associate (CDA) Specialist. Summary:
The position is responsible for assisting 1-2 classrooms in
planning and implementing classroom routines, curriculum, meals,
and related activities for pre-school and/or infant toddler
children (ages 6 months-5 years). This position serves as the aid
in a classroom of 14 to 20 Head Start /Preschool children and/or
7-8 Infant/Toddler children. This position is chiefly responsible
to assist in the core functions of the Head Start program and
performs other tasks as needed. CDA Specialists work under the
direction of 1-2 assigned Lead Teacher(s) and is supervised by the
Education Services Professional.
- Unit: Early Learning
- Immediate Supervisor: Education Services Professional
- Classification: Standard / Full Time (1.0 FTE) or Part-Time
- Status: Non-Exempt
- Directly Supervises: None
- 18+ years old, required.
- Entry level position; previous babysitting or childcare
experience is preferred.
- Basic computer experience is required (i.e. email, word
processing, internet navigation).
- Bilingual candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applicants with multiple language capabilities (English,
Spanish, and/or Portuguese) are preferred.
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required
(completed or currently enrolled).
- Child Development Associate (CDA) Certificate or a commitment
to obtain a CDA within 1 year of employment is required (paid by
the employer) is required.
- Early Childhood Education Credits are preferred; and/or
Associate and/or Bachelor degrees are preferred. Health
- Recent documentation free of communicable diseases (i.e. TB and
- Recent fit for duty examination.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. Competitive compensation, plus
comprehensive fringe benefits package including paid holidays, paid
time off, health, dental, vision coverage and retirement program.
CIFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Provider. PI201978298
Keywords: Connecticut Institute For Communities, Inc. (CIFC), Danbury , Preschool Aid / CDA Specialist - Danbury, Other , Danbury, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!