Licensed Optician Sign On Bonus Full or Part Time
Company: BJ's Wholesale Club
Location: Yorktown Heights
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Join a team of more than 32,000 team members, comprised of our home
office and over 229 clubs and 7 distribution centers. We're
committed to delivering value and convenience to our Members,
helping them save every day on everything they need for their
family and home. BJ's Wholesale Club offers a collaborative,
team-oriented environment where all team members can learn, grow
and excel. Ask about our Sign-On BonusJob SummaryResponsible for
dispensing spectacles and other optical aids, to both adults and
children, working with prescriptions written by optometrists and
ophthalmologists. This position advises and assists patients with
various types of lenses and spectacle frames, including style,
weight and color.Team Members:
- Carry out job functions and responsibilities as assigned.
Support the application of club policies, procedures and
- We strive for flawless execution and hold ourselves accountable
- Acts with honesty and integrity and lead with the member in
mind to address any and all concerns and to escalate any concerns,
- Ensure a safe and positive environment for our members and each
- Embrace inclusion and diversity, by working together with
collaboration and respect. Work as a team to achieve goals.
- Move with speed and agility in everything we do.
- Innovate and adapt so we can move as fast as the world around
- Maintain a friendly and positive attitude.Members:
- Deliver service excellence through all points of contact.
- Resolve and deescalate to address every member concern.
- Ensure a safe and positive environment and experience for the
- Daily commitment to GOLD Member Standards
- Greet, Anticipate, Appreciate (GAA)
- Fast, Friendly Full, Fresh, CleanClub Standards: Work as a team
to deliver GOLD club standards daily.
- Work with commitment and pride to deliver GOLD- Grand opening
- All items stocked and promotional plans executed
- Maintain visible accurate signage
- Clean and organized, inside and outKnow your Business:
- Understand how to access and read production and/or financial
performance reporting for your department
- See the connection between consistent execution and the
positive impact it can have on the businessMajor Tasks,
Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Verifies order data entry, compares Rx to original Rx provided
from the doctor assuring all information entered in the system is
accurate. Completes proper order filing procedures, including
filing the order under the correct ABC system in the store.
- Delivers sales by providing excellent Member service in person
and over the phone. Must be able to explain in detail all
procedures included under the exam fee; being open and honest in
communication and maintaining a friendly pleasant demeanor with
customers at all time.
- Takes measurements, assures correct frame selection for Rx
power, reads prescriptions on the lensometer, timely notification
of product readiness and advancement of the order in the system:
including received, notified and dispense of each job and proper
handling of all money related transactions.
- Adheres to all privacy and confidential/proprietary company
policies and procedures (i.e. Health Information Portability and
Accountability Act, known as HIPAA) as required by law. Provides
support to Members in making eyeglass adjustments and repairs.
- Assists Optical Manager with the opening and closing procedures
at the beginning and end of shift. Ensures that accurate funds are
collected, and payments are made at the point of service.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other
departments as needed.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of this job.Qualifications
- Must be licensed to work as an optician within the State and
keep license up to date and active.
- Knowledge of optical products and business practices
- High school diploma, college degree, and/or big box wholesale,
retail, optical, and/or management experience is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills and an
attention to detail required.
- Open shift availability required.
- At least 18 years of age.Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about frequently on hard
surfaces. There may be a need to occasionally position oneself to
examine or scan merchandise, including bending, handling, pulling,
reaching, and/or stooping.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 20 pounds. May
require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects more than
20 pounds with assistance.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area with frequent exposure to
temperature extremes and loud noises. There may be occasional
exposure to cleaning agents.
Keywords: BJ's Wholesale Club, Danbury , Licensed Optician Sign On Bonus Full or Part Time, Other , Yorktown Heights, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!