Patient Coordinator/Front Desk
Company: Putnam Orthodontics
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Job Title: * Patient Coordinator - Front Desk
*Hours*: Monday - Friday 7:30am - 5:00pm with a one hour lunch
*Reports To: * Office Manager
*Locations*: Briarcliff, NY & Carmel, NY
*Summary of Company: *
No Experience Necessary!
Putnam Orthodontics creates beautiful smiles while building long
lasting relationships! The friendly staff at Brite Orthodontics
strives to provide a positive and pleasant orthodontic experience
to all our patients. Brite Orthodontics is looking for an
individual that attracts other people like a magnet, takes pride in
completing tasks, can use time optimally, has good attention to
detail, and has excellent phone and communication skills.
*Practice Responsibilities: *
* Schedule patients. Give school excuses and appointment slips.
* Answer the telephone. Screen calls, take messages, and answer
inquiries. Pass new patient calls to the person responsible for
them or take the call. Enter complete information in the computer
that is needed on each new patient. Print information for initial
packet and send.
* Greet patients and make them feel welcome in our office.
* Follow up on all patients on the No Show report.
* Complete emergency information when emergency patients call.
*Schedule Management: *
* Develop the calendar of patient days with consideration for staff
and doctor meetings, vacations, etc. Set up the schedule in the
computer well enough in advance to handle future appointments.
Follow appointment masters as determined by the doctor and staff.
Keep calendar of patient hours, vacations, etc.
* Make and distribute copies of the schedule. As schedule changes
occur in the workday, notify chairside involved so the day sheets
in the treatment area can be changed.
* Keep pre-treatment recall and retention systems up-to-date. Send
any follow-up letters.
* Prepare the morning meeting report for the next day.
* Organize and facilitate the morning staff meeting. Distribute
treatment cards to Chairside Assistants. Check that the Bookkeeper
has highlighted names on day sheet of patients who are being seen
each day who owe their initial payment or are delinquent in their
*Practice Management: *
* Take responsibility of checking and correcting all patient
* Order office supplies.
* Take payments received at the desk. Post them. Give receipts.
* Pull and file all charts.
* Send transfer records.
* Sort the mail.
* Run backup tapes daily at lunch and weekly.
* Track daily and monthly Hummingbird patient counts.
* Give list of all full and partial band / bonding starts to the
* Help keep the reception area neat and tidy. Purge outdated, worn,
and torn magazines.
* Pull and file all necessary observation charts for each day's
schedule two patient days in advance.
* Update patient information in the computer as needed.
* Set up telephonic confirmation system and monitor daily.
* Purge patients from computer who are no longer in treatment. Take
responsibility for inactivating dismissed patient files and
* Turn on answering machine at lunch and at the end of the day.
Take calls off the answering machine first thing in the morning and
after lunch. Make appropriate outgoing messages for the machine.
Follow up on all messages received.
* Organize and maintain all file systems for quick retrieval of
information. Make all new patient charts.
* Copy, file, and mail outgoing correspondence. File all incoming
correspondence and x-rays. Mail out any x-rays, receipts, etc.
* Read newspaper the day it comes in and cut out photos and
articles about our patients. Put them on the patient bulletin
* Charge out credit cards being accepted in the office for
* Call new patient's insurance to clarify coverage.
* Print direct bond x-rays daily.
* Keep coffee and drink bar stocked.
*Professional Relations Management: *
* Marketing responsibilities for mugs, birthday cakes, wooden
nickels, drawing for parents, bulletin boards, office decorations,
open house, game boys with tethers on deck.
* Serve as liaison with The Agency regarding gifts for
* Take responsibility for gift distribution.
* Be an active participant in staff meetings and committee
meetings. Take staff meeting notes and create agenda.
* Perform other tasks as assigned by the doctor.
* Work cohesively with fellow team members to provide an atmosphere
of trust, mutual respect, and cooperation.
* Interpersonal: Good interpersonal skills to maintain effective
rapport with patients, parents, doctor, other staff members, and
* Writing Skills: Letter composition skills. Legible handwriting
for entries in appointment book, patient charts, etc.
* Verbal Skills: Effective verbal skills to communicate with
patients and parents both in person and on the telephone. Pleasant
* Problem Solving
* Skills: Gentle persuasion skills in order to schedule
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $18.00 per hour
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* Dental office
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
* Reliable transportation and willing to commute to Carmel AND
Briarcliff Manor, NY?
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Putnam Orthodontics, Danbury , Patient Coordinator/Front Desk, Other , Carmel, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!