Company: Danbury Health Systems
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and
outpatient locations - Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital,
Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern
Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers
Medical Center in New York - plus multiple primary and specialty
care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a
leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices.
Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the
Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and
the Home Care organizations.
Provides assistance to clients of Nuvance Health Caregivers at
Home(NHCH) , with activities of daily living (ADLs) and
instrumental activities of daily living (IADLs) as directed on
clients' individual care plans, within the guidelines of the
certified nursing assistant (CNA) scope of practice and according
to the NHCH policies and procedures.
1. Assists the client with personal care activities including
bathing, oral hygiene, feeding and dressing.
2. Assists the client with exercises, ambulation, and transfer
activities. This includes knowledge in use of devices such as
canes, walkers, crutches, and lifts.
3. Independently assists the client with meal preparation/cooking
and/or feeding. Must have working knowledge of special diets, diet
restrictions, and techniques to maintain sanitary kitchen
conditions to prevent food-borne illnesses.
4. Assists the client with medication prompts to remind the client
to self-administer his/her medications.
5. Identifies and reports changes in client condition.
6. Independently provides basic homemaking and laundry assistance
for client in the home.
7. Follows policy and procedure for assigned client care
8. Maintains a safe and orderly work environment in the clients'
homes. This includes maintaining professional boundaries and
integrity of client financial and personal information in clients'
homes, as well as following network/agency infection and prevention
policies and procedures in clients' homes.
9. Provides companionship and engages in activities of interest to
10. Transporting the client to appointments and errands.
11. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
HS Graduate or Equivalent
Certified Nursing Assistant or graduate of a CT state approved
nurse aide training program,
Valid Driver's License
Satisfactory Driving Record (Meets requirements of NHCH
Required: Certified Nursing Assistant, or any person who has
successfully completed a course or courses comprising not less than
one-hundred (100) hours of nurse aide training, or seventy-five
(75) hours of theoretical and clinical instruction in the
fundamental skills of nursing in an approved practical nursing or
registered nursing education program.
Must have working knowledge of how to cook/prepare meals; special
diets and diet restrictions; and techniques to maintain sanitary
kitchen conditions to prevent food-borne illnesses. Must maintain a
professional appearance and professional communication behaviors in
patient homes with both the patients and their family
members/caregivers. Able to competently take temperatures, heart
rates/pulses, respiratory rates and identify changes in patient
Location: Danbury-100 Saw Mill Road
Work Type: Part-Time
Standard Hours: 24.00
Work Schedule: Day 8
Work Shift: Various shifts
Org Unit: 713
Department: Nuvance Health Caregivers at Home
* Valid Drivers License
* Certified Nursing Assistant
* HS Graduate or Equivalent
* Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
* Significant occupational risk
* Very Heavy effort. May exert up to 50 lbs. force
* Significant exposure to dirt, odor, noise, human waste, etc.
Nuvance Health and its affiliates are Section 501(c)(3) tax-exempt
organizations and therefore eligible employees may qualify for
forgiveness of certain federal student loans under the Public
Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Qualified Applicants are
considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental
or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national
origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status,
sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification
protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known
physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a
disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship
on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such
assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview,
please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable
accommodation requests only). Please provide all information
requested to assure that you are considered for current or future
Keywords: Danbury Health Systems, Danbury , NHCH Caregiver, Other , Danbury, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!