Company: SP Industries, Inc.
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job Description SP Industries is searching for a Buyer to join
our growing team!The Buyer is responsible for purchase order
placement and expediting, to include supplier management. This
position is also responsible for assisting in general
responsibilities in the tactical and strategic purchasing
department. The Buyer typically handles purchasing duties that are
of greater significance to the company and requires higher-level
judgment and discretion including planning and management of cost
saving initiatives.This is a HYBRID positionin either Warminster,
PA. Gardiner NY. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the
following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Purchase order placement and expediting, including negotiation
of terms within approved limits.
- Supplier management and auditing.
- Plan and manage cost savings initiatives
- Proactively manage the communication of all responsible
purchasing commitments to the stakeholders within the
- Contract and supplier agreement review and input.
- Autonomous decision making within approval guidelines.
- Assist leadership in the development of process and
- Communication and integration with related functional
- Participation in supply chain strategic planning
- Review and analyze MRP requirements against buy reports and
open purchase orders to determine required material, equipment, and
- Maintain purchasing item attributes, such as lead times, lot
sizes, prices, etc.
- Assist with general responsibilities within the tactical
- Liaise with engineering to ensure appropriate standards are
used in material requirements.
- Provide input to Strategic Sourcing Managers on vendor
performance and actively participate ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consistent and predictable attendance
- Understands and complies with all company rules and
- Reports unsafe conditions and practices to management
- Immediately reports injuries to management EXPERIENCE:
- 5 years of purchasing or related materials experience.
- Ability to manage multiple orders and vendors in a fast-paced
- Excellent proactive communication & organization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, meet deadlines and
- Total cost evaluation and analysis of supplier spend and
- Good judgment in choosing from multiple options and courses of
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting tasks in a dynamic
- High degree of accuracy and detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting tasks in a dynamic
- MS Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, various MRP
systems and Internet use skills. EDUCATION:
- BA or 7-10 years of relevant job experience. PHYSICAL DEMANDS &
- Work is normally performed in both a typical interior/office
and production floor work environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to walk and is frequently is required to stand;
use both hands; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance
and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus. SP CULTURE:As we continue
to grow and provide leading edge products to our customers, we
understand hiring the right people and treating them well is
critical to our success. There are many exciting reasons to join
the SP Team.
- We provide a wide range of innovative and high-quality
scientific products that improve people's lives.
- We are customer-focused and value our team's expertise.
- We respect each other and foster a collaborative work
- We innovate and are open to change.
- We are responsible and accountable and act with integrity.
- WE LIKE WHAT WE DO! SP INDUSTRIES OFFERS:We are proud to
provide a comprehensive benefits program focused on your total
- Competitive compensation package
- A robust health and welfare benefits package that includes
Life, Health, Dental, Vision
- The opportunity to plan for the future with a strong 401(K)
including company match!
- Time to recharge with Paid Time Off annually + Paid
- Career Advancement opportunities and Tuition Assistance to help
you achieve your goals and continue your career growth. EEO and
Affirmative Action Statement: SP is an Equal Opportunity Employer,
dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any
basis and takes affirmative action to ensure equal employment
opportunities. It is our policy to provide our employees and
applicants with equal employment opportunities in accordance with
applicable laws and not to discriminate on the basis of race,
color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, marital status,
sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, genetic
information, political belief, pregnancy, citizenship, handicap or
disability, status as a veteran or member of the U.S. military, or
any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or
local laws. Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision:SP will
not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees
or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. #CB#SP3
Keywords: SP Industries, Inc., Danbury , Buyer III, Other , Gardiner, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!