Posted on: June 24, 2022
Elementis offers performance-driven additives that help create
innovative formulations for consumer and industrial markets,
including Personal Care, Coatings, Chromium, Energy and Talc.
Finding opportunities to enhance our customers' performance is at
the heart of what we do-and has been for more than 175 years. We
own unique raw materials, including the only high-grade hectorite
mine in the world, and a leading source of high-purity talc. With
our advanced technical solutions, we transform those materials to
become innovative, performance-enhancing products for our
customers. Elementis is a UK-listed global specialty chemicals
company with operations worldwide and employs over 1,300 people at
more than 30 locations worldwide.
Job Description Summary
Hours: Thursday/Friday 11:00pm - 7:30am; Saturday/Sunday 7:00pm -
Under the direction of supervision, safely and efficiently operate
& control chemical processes to deliver in-spec product. Operate
processes and equipment to meet production schedules and deliver
finished goods as directed.
Reprocess reject material as required. Maintain housekeeping at a
high level in accordance with established standards. Monitor
inventories of storage tanks and silos, and record process data as
directed. Complete in process testing as required and take samples
to lab as needed. Clean system before and after product changes
and/or maintenance work.
* -Work safely at all times by identifying and mitigating
* -Monitor process parameters and control processes within
* -Input the required data into control systems in order to
adequately control processes.
* -Visually inspect & test product during processing.
* -Adjust operating parameters to maintain processes in a state of
* -Monitor & verify proper operation of all emission control
equipment including dust collection equipment.
* -Operate forklift, packing machines, scales, and related packing
equipment to pack out product as specified.
* -Obtain required finished goods samples. Record all code data and
stage finished goods.
* -Maintain a clean and safe work area with high attention to
* -Assist in training new employees as required.
* -Perform other duties as assigned by the shift supervisor.
Additional Job Description
Minimum Physical Requirements
* -Ability to pass a respirator medical clearance examination
* -Ability to meet the requirements of the hearing conservation
* -Ability to operate a forklift and other equipment integral to
the job tasks/functions.
* -Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, climb, and
regularly kneel, squat, bend, and stoop, twist, and reach overhead
with repetitive motions.
* -Ability to carry chemical test sample containers weighting up to
50 pounds and walk up stairs to the lab or to another work
* -Ability to visually monitor process equipment and analytical
* -Ability to turning manual valves and connecting and
disconnecting large and long length of hoses.
* -Ability to take process samples, make process adjustments or
material additions from specific locations.
Elementis is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, national origin or protected veteran status
and will not be discriminated against on a basis of disability.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at
any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at
NA.Accomodations@elementis.com. Please note: This email is reserved
for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not
a means of inquiry about positions or application status. EEOC
Keywords: Elementis, Danbury , Operator, Other , Wallkill, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!