Inpatient Coder Advanced
Company: Danbury Health Systems
Posted on: June 22, 2022
$5000 Sign On Bonus!
Remote Work Available in NY, CT, SC, NC, FL, NH
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient
locations - Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk
Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess
Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center
in New York - plus multiple primary and specialty care physician
INPATIENT CODER ADVANCED
SUMMARY: Appropriately analyzes and codes complex inpatient records
for facility. Position requires high-level expertise in coding and
documentation guidelines, coding clinics, and knowledge of MS DRGs,
CC/MCC for appropriate reimbursement and compliance.
* Performs ICD-10-CM diagnostic and ICD-10 PCS procedural coding to
maintain an accurate database & ensure accurate coding at minimum
accuracy rate of 95%
* Competent in the utilization of an electronic medical record, and
computerized coding/abstracting systems
* Applies knowledge of diagnosis related group assignment, official
Coding guidelines, comorbidity/complication coding, Hospital
acquired conditions, accurate present on admission assignment, and
current American Hospital Association coding clinic guidance
* Effectively and professionally communicates with providers to
clarify documentation in order to assign accurate diagnoses and
procedures in order to calculate the appropriate diagnosis related
group and severity of illness/risk of mortality
* Ability to code using either 3M encoder or ICD-10-CM/ICD10 PCS
* Mentors and trains junior coders.
* Performs audits as assigned by the coding manager.
* Demonstrates advanced knowledge of the impact of coding decisions
on revenue cycle, including the ability to assist in appealing
* Responds to all business office questions regarding diagnoses and
procedures in a timely manner.
* May assist as needed in other coding areas
* Attends and participates in required hospital education programs
in order to maintain and enhance their coding skills and stay
abreast of changes in codes, coding guidelines and regulations
* Maintains certified coding credentials in accordance with the
certified coding requirements and demonstrates annual
* Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the
* Certified Coding Specialist (AHIMA), or Certified Inpatient Coder
* Specialized training in medical terminology, ICD-10-CM/ICD-10 PCS
coding. Ability to decipher operative reports, medication orders &
various medical records in the appropriate selection of codes.
Experience in acute care coding inpatient records.
* Five years demonstrated coding experience in appropriate
application of coding and documentation guidelines
* Course work in Anatomy and Physiology and knowledge of CPT codes
* HS Graduate or Equivalent
Location: Vassar Brothers Medical CenterWork Type:
Full-TimeStandard Hours: 40.00Work Shift: 8-hour shift between 7:00
am to 3:30 pm Monday thru FridayDepartment: Health Information
ManagementEOE, including disability/vets.We will endeavor to make a
reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental
limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the
accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of
our business. If you believe you require such assistance to
complete this form or to participate in an interview, please
contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable
accommodation requests only). Please provide all information
requested to assure that you are considered for current or future
Keywords: Danbury Health Systems, Danbury , Inpatient Coder Advanced, Other , Rhinebeck, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!