Senior Universal Banker - Mahopac
Company: TRUSTCO BANK
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Job DescriptionEEO Statement: We are an equal employment
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Title:
Senior Universal Banker Reports to: Business Banker FLSA Status:
Non-Exempt Salary Grade: NE20 Supervisory Responsibility: Yes
SUMMARY: The Senior Universal Banker is responsible for the
administration and efficient daily operation of a full service
branch office, including operations, lending, product sales,
customer service, and security and safety in accordance with the
Bank's objectives. Develops new deposit and loan business; provides
a superior level of customer relations and promotes the sales and
service culture through coaching, guidance and staff motivation;
achieves branch sales goals through new business sales, referrals
and retention of account relationships. Provides leadership,
training and supervision; delegates day to day operations to the
associate banker or other branch personnel. Responsible for
attaining established Bank and branch goals through active
participation in sales management programs. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be
assigned by supervisor and/or Trustco Bank's Board of
- Responsible for all in branch customer service requests.
- Responsible for opening a till in the absence of the Associate
- Will be assigned referral, account, and retention goals.
- Builds and promotes branch identity, drives sales and promotes
overall ownership and accountability for improving customer service
and branch success.
- Implements and administers new products or programs including
sales promotion and incentive programs, and encourages staff member
participation to stimulate new growth.
- Originates installment loans.
- Supervises Universal Bankers and Associate Bankers.
- Makes recommendations on the following issues which are given
particular weight; assigning jobs, promotions, performance
appraisals, counseling, disciplines, and terminations.
- Provides training in bank policies and procedures; conducts
regular staff meetings.
- Maintains security measures to protect against criminal and
fraudulent activity, unnecessary risk, and exposure.
- Maintains communications between the branch and management
through regular reporting and attending staff meetings.
- Knows all features and benefits of the bank's products,
services, and current promotions
- Provides quality customer service through personal contact with
customers and prospects in adherence with company policy.
- Handles customer issues in person or over the phone with their
bank product or service by assisting in researching and solving the
- Reviews and approves requests such as large check cashing
requests, authorizing bank checks or general ledger tickets, and
the approval of various reports, paperwork and cash counts.
- Works to meet existing branch performance standards in areas
such as operating control loss, tellers' level of experience, bank
secrecy, and compliance with established policies and
- Continues to building proficiency of banking principles and
sales techniques by attending internal training, external training,
and completion of continuing education courses. REQUIRED
- High School Diploma or equivalent education or experience.
- Supervisory experience.
- Customer service experience.
- Cash handling experience.
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Well organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work well in small groups. PREFERRED
- Bachelor's degree.
- Previous banking experience. POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS: This
is a full time position. Work hours are scheduled around the
following branch hours: Monday 9:00am – 5:00pm Tuesday 9:00am –
5:00pm Wednesday 9:00am – 5:00pm Thursday 9:00am – 5:00pm Friday
9:00am – 6:00pm Saturday 9:00am – 12:00pm Sunday Closed Employees
will be scheduled to arrive half an hour prior to the opening of
the branch and work fifteen to thirty minutes following the closing
of the branch. Evening and weekend work may be required as job
duties demand. TRAVEL: Occasionally upon request. LANGUAGE SKILLS:
Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary
language(s) used in the workplace; bilingual skills a plus. Ability
to read, analyze, and interpret general business information,
including but not limited to company policies and procedures.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
from groups of managers and customers. PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Ability to lift 10 to 20 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must have dexterity to handle money.
- Must use hands to operate office machines.
- Ability to communicate both in person and/or by telephone. WORK
ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here
are representative of those an employee encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. For the most part, ambient room temperatures,
lighting and traditional equipment as found in a typical office /
retail environment. OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description
is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all
activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the
employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may
change at any time with or without notice. AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
PLAN/EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT: This includes, but is
not limited to, the following: on employer. It is the policy of
Trustco Bank to take affirmative action in affording equal
employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status,
genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. This
includes, but is not limited to, the following: Hiring, placement,
upgrading, transfer, demotion or promotion. Recruitment,
advertising or solicitation for employment. Treatment during
employment. Rates of pay or other forms of compensation. Selection
for training, including apprenticeship. Layoff or termination. It
is the policy of Trustco Bank to cooperate to the fullest extent
with the applicable regulations of the Civil Rights Act and any
legislation on Equal Employment Opportunity.
Keywords: TRUSTCO BANK, Danbury , Senior Universal Banker - Mahopac, Other , Mahopac, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!