PCA Personal Care Assistant (Per Diem)
Company: Inspire Health Group
Location: Wappingers Falls
Posted on: October 12, 2021
Inspire of McClelland located in Wappingers Falls, New York
provides comfort of home to independent elders, with leisurely
access to delicious & nutritious meals, wellness & social
activities, assistance with tasks of daily living, and medication
assistance. We are looking for positive, dependable, caring
Personal Care Aides to work shifts on a per diem basis. The right
candidate will join a team that strives to meet the growing demand
in our community for quality care.
The Personal Care Aide position requires the following:
- Ability to communicate in a dignified, respectful manner.
- Ability and interest in learning and staying current regarding
- Ability to reference drug manual as needed.
- Relates well to residents, visitors and other staff
- Emotional and physical stamina to be of service to the
residents in their daily living skills.
- Ability to practice self-control in speech, listening, body and
- Display a passion for caring for the elderly.
- Qualities of responsibility, diplomacy and ability to work well
with fellow staff members
- Physical endurance for frequent activity
- Be able to occasionally lift boxes weighing 40 pounds.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Prefer prior experience with medication assistance.
- Prefer previous experience, either professional, personal or
volunteer, with the elderly population.
The Personal Care Aide Duties include but are not limited to the
duties listed below.
- Count Control Substance with outgoing PCA (sign your initials
if count is correct).
- Report any missing controlled substances to
- Prepare medication, bring medication to dining room during meal
time, and assist residents with medication.
- If a resident requires medication prior to breakfast, PCA shall
go to the resident's room and assist the resident with
- If a resident requires afternoon or after dinner medication,
the PCA shall assist the resident with medication from the med
- PCA must always watch residents ingest medication and properly
- PCA shall update medication administration
record as needed, after Physician visits & ensure MAR & doctor's
- PCA shall ensure that resident receives all necessary documents
prior to doctor appointments.
- Consult and correspond with doctor offices for any necessary
- Contact pharmacy for residents', prescription refills as needed
and ensure escript copies are received.
- Record all pertinent information re: residents in the 24 hr.
Personal Care Assistance:
- PCA shall assist residents in the dining room during mealtime
by distributing meals to residents.
- PCA shall assist with cleaning the dining room after meals when
- PCA shall distribute facility provided snacks to residents
during evening snack time.
- PCA shall assist residents with showering/bathing as
- PCA shall assist residents with maintaining a healthy hygiene
routine as needed.
- PCA shall assist residents by laundering residents clothing,
linens, and towels as needed.
- PCA shall assist residents that require limited mobility
assistance as needed.
- PCA shall answer all call bells, and check residents'
whereabouts during rounds.
- PCA shall assist residents with operating the elevator
- PCA shall assist residents by performing housekeeping and light
maintenance tasks as needed. These tasks include but are not
limited to: laundering residents clothing, linens, and towels,
cleaning resident rooms, making residents’ beds, unclogging
toilets, adjusting room temperature, salt areas outside of
- PCA shall report all pertinent information to the PCA in
Inspire of McClelland is an Equal Opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran
status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected
by local, state, or federal law.
Keywords: Inspire Health Group, Danbury , PCA Personal Care Assistant (Per Diem), Other , Wappingers Falls, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!