Assistant Deli Manager
Company: Restaurant Depot
Posted on: September 12, 2021
Assistant Deli Manager
Responsible for the receiving product and ensures that
aisles/freezers and refrigerators are stocked, labeled, clean and
delivered product is packed out, and proper customer service is
provided. 50% or more of the job is manual labor.
REM-04 WS-04 WS-TC
- Ensure proper customer service and works to develop relationships
with large customers.
- Supervises and works together with Deli Supervisor (if
applicable) and Stocker/s to assure that shelves are stocked and
merchandise is rotated.
- Assists in developing schedules, monitors performance and
recommends the proper discipline as appropriate including
- Trains employees in job responsibilities and safe operating
procedures and interviews candidates and recommends for hires.
- Ensures that employees are performing the proper inspections to
meet HACCP regulations as well as conducting periodic HACCP
- Reviews inventory for product rotation on a daily basis to
prevent shrinkage and damages.
- Ensures that shelf pricing is correct and reflects the most
recent pricing and market conditions.
- Supervises and works alongside the Stocker/s in the receiving of
all deli products and ensures that the proper paperwork is
- Maintains accurate computer inventory levels by having physical
inventories performed on a regular basis and adjustments made.
- Maintains refrigerated equipment and makes sure maintenance
contracts and schedules are followed.
- Supervises the ordering of deli products from vendors on a
regular basis to assure we have competitive pricing and minimal
shrink due to spoilage and not have too much inventory on hand.
- Makes sure all the employees in the department can work the
equipment such as Toledo scale and Dennison label machine.
- Coordinates that the pallets stored in the racks have the proper
block and date tags.
- Follows program to maintain the cleanliness of the area by a
regular maintenance schedule of scrubbing, and pulling out pallets
and cleaning underneath.
Shift start: 6:00 AM
Shift length: 8 - 10 hours
5 days/week, must be available any day
- Health, dental, vision insurance - available after 90 days
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan
Bachelor’s Degree or high school diploma/GED with at least 4 years
experience in customer service Ability to read, analyze and
interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and
technical procedures. Ability to effectively present information
and respond to questions from managers, clients, and general public
Ability to calculate figures, and amounts such as discounts,
interest, proportions, percentages, area, mass and volume.
Effective oral and written communication skills. High level of
interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situation
and documentation. Computer Literacy
- Must pass drug screen
- Can lift 50 lbs
- Must be at least 18+ years old
About Restaurant Depot
Restaurant Depot is a Members-Only Wholesale Cash & Carry
Foodservice Supplier. Their mission is to be your one-stop shop for
savings, selection, and service, seven days a week. They have been
supplying independent food businesses with quality products from
large cash and carry warehouse stores since 1990. They became the
leading low-cost alternative to other foodservice suppliers by
eliminating the overhead of a traditional distributor, focusing on
the needs of independent foodservice operators and offering free
Keywords: Restaurant Depot, Danbury , Assistant Deli Manager, Other , Brewster, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!