Registered Nurse Phys Practice
Company: Nuvance Health
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and
outpatient locations - Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital,
Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern
Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers
Medical Center in New York.
Purpose: The role of the Registered Nurse in any Oncology
service line is to apply an integration of theory, research,
experience and practical knowledge within the maximum scope of
practice through protocols, practice guidelines, care paths and
- Provides direct comprehensive care by, conducting a thorough
health assessment, and formulating, implementing and communicating
a holistic plan of nursing care.
- In conjunction with the Surgical or Medical Oncologists the RN
creates a clinical plan of care which includes, chemotherapy,
immunotherapy, social work, diagnostic imaging pain management,
radiation and works with the patients to ensure appropriate follow
through and clinical appropriateness.
- Shares in the care of the patient with the oncologist through a
complementary relationship which is based on shared decision making
and joint problem solving by utilizing strong communication and
interpersonal skills to facilitate mutual agreement and acceptance
of responsibilities within scope of practice.
- Access ports for the purpose of lab draws and preparation for
infusions. Provides maintenance of port-a-caths and includes
cleaning ports as appropriate
- Documents all relevant patient information, including, patient
history, physical examination data, nursing care plan and
interventions, as well as the client's responses within patient
medical records in accordance with established documentation
standards of the organization.
- Effectively manages telephone calls from patient/family and
community healthcare professionals to navigate the healthcare
- Provides holistic nursing care to meet the emotional,
psychological, informational, spiritual and practical needs of
patients throughout the spectrum of cancer care.
- Acts as a proactive guide to help cancer patients navigate the
complex maze of cancer treatment and care, empowering the patient
and family by providing information and education to facilitate
decision making in-order-to enhance the patient's choice of the
best alternatives of care tailored to their individual needs.
- Uses evidence-based practice (EBP) to facilitate the best
possible outcomes for patients by providing theoretical or
scientific (physiological and/or psychosocial) rationale and
applies current knowledge base and critical thinking skills to
comprehensively identify knowledge gaps and practice issues,
demonstrating an understanding of and engagement in evidence-based
- Accountable for decision-making and actions, maintaining
competence to facilitate the best possible outcomes for patients
and engages in self-appraisal by being proactive and innovative in
meeting individual learning needs based on patient population and
changes in practice.
- Maintains and models REACH Values (Respect, Excellence,
Accountability, Compassion, Honor).
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associates degree in Nursing.
- One to two (1-2) years' experience with electronic medical
- PREFER: Bachelor's Degree in nursing (BSN).
- PREFER: Medical oncology experience.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
- Cancer-specific knowledge and clinical expertise in cancer
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide
appropriate care to the age of the patient served on the nursing
unit or by patient care departments.
- MS Excel, Presentation skills.
License, Registration, or Certification Requirements:
- Current NYS Registered Nurse (RN) License.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certified.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certified.
- Current Oncology Nursing Society Chemotherapy/Biotherapy
Provider certification obtained within 6 months of hire.
- PREFER: Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation (ONCC)
certification or achieved within 24 months of hire.
Location: Poughkeepsie-Dyson Center 45 Reade Place
Work Type: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day 8
Work Shift: M - F 8-5 Flex
Org Unit: 1237
Department: Med Oncology Physicians
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known
physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a
disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship
on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such
assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview,
please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable
accommodation requests only). Please provide all information
requested to assure that you are considered for current or future
Keywords: Nuvance Health, Danbury , Registered Nurse Phys Practice, Other , Poughkeepsie, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!