Senior Medical Assistant - Pediatrics Float
Company: Northwell Health
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Administers para-professional nursing care. Duties include, but
are not limited to; preparing patient for physician, administering
and recording laboratory tests. Guides designated practice
Assistants and Associates; assists in coordinating organization of
patient needs including, preparing and organizing patient clinic
- Collaborates with members of the health care team in
coordinating and implementing plans for patient care; records
patient history for medical staff review.
- Performs measurement and screening procedures according to
protocol, which may include, but is not limited to height, weight,
head circumference, blood pressure, pulse, temperature, audiometry
and vision testing; records and plots findings on patient
- Collects blood specimens and assists physician or nurse in
collection of blood specimens as required; completes requisitions,
labels and routes specimens according to standard procedure.
- Collects specimens and completes requisitions, labels and
routes specimens according to standard procedure.
- May perform electrocardiograms in accordance with physician
orders; assists physicians and nurses with special procedures and
examinations by securing supplies, ensuring patient is properly
undressed and draped, providing instruments to physicians, holding
patient as required and assisting patient after examination.
- Maintains orderliness and cleanliness of examination rooms;
stocks assigned rooms and cupboards and ensures that par levels of
supplies are maintained on a daily basis.
- Insures all data collected for procedures performed is recorded
clearly and accurately on appropriate forms and in medical
- Performs variety of other administrative support functions
including, but not limited to maintaining medical records,
processing insurance forms, and preparing financial records.
- Maintains par levels of office, patient, and medical
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted
here are considered essential functions of the job under the
Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but
considered related are not essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Successful
completion of a six-month (6) to one (1) year course in Medical
Assisting at an accredited school.
- Current Medical Assistant Certification preferred, plus
specialized certifications as needed.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience, required.
Keywords: Northwell Health, Danbury , Senior Medical Assistant - Pediatrics Float, Other , Katonah, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!