Clinical Research Coordinator
Company: Nuvance Health
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Nuvance Health is a family of award-winning nonprofit hospitals
and healthcare professionals in the Hudson Valley and western
Connecticut. Nuvance Health combines highly skilled physicians,
state-of-the-art facilities and technology, and compassionate
caregivers dedicated to providing quality care across a variety of
clinical areas, including Cardiovascular, Neurosciences, Oncology,
Orthopedics, and Primary Care.
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and
outpatient locations - Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital,
Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern
Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers
Medical Center in New York - plus multiple primary and specialty
care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a
leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices.
Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the
Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and
the Home Care organizations. For more information about Nuvance
Health, visit www.nuvancehealth.org.
Purpose: Coordinates clinical research activities within the
research division through the use of Good Clinical Practice
- Function independently in a clinical research setting and
responsible for the complete coordination of assigned clinical
research protocols from national research agencies and
- Assists investigators, research and, medical center staff with
the initiation of research protocols.
- Ensures accurate and timely communication is facilitated,
presenting the research division in a positive manner.
- Supports the management of clinical research databases to
ensure records are accurately and timely maintained.
- Demonstrates regard for the dignity and respect of medical
center personnel and community residents as defined in the
philosophy of HVCVP or Vassar Brothers Medical Center.
- Blood draws/phlebotomy, EKG's, body measurements.
- Maintain and Model REACH Values (Respect, Excellence,
Accountability, Compassion, Honor).
- Demonstrates regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
- Performs other duties as required.
Bachelor's Degree, Allied health professional degree, or
- Minimum of one-two (1-2) years' experience with EDC and
- Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:Ability to
multi-task and work as a team and independently.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology, good clinical practice, FDA,
OHRP, and HIPAA policies.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, self-motivation, and good
- Ability to prioritize quickly and follow directions and
- License, Registration, or Certification Requirements:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certified or willing to obtain upon
employment.Valid driver's license and reliable
transportation.PREFER: Certified Clinical Research Coordinator
(CCRC), Certified Clinical Research Professional (CCRP), or
certified within 2 years.
- Environmental Factors:
- Bio-hazardous Waste Chemicals/Commercial Products Exposure to
LatexInteracting with a Diverse population Patient Care/Handling
Duties Risk of Electrical Shock
- Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Repetitive Motion
- Noise Level - Varies from Quiet to Very Loud
- Fumes or Airborne Particles
- Experiencing challenging conditions where a professional
attitude will be required
- Blood Borne Pathogens. Job may require performance or tasks
that involve potential for exposure to blood, body fluids, or
- Factors affecting environment conditions may vary depending on
the assigned work area and tasks. Potential environmental exposures
include, but are not limited to:
Location: Poughkeepsie-1 Columbia Street-Suite 200
Work Type: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day 8
Work Shift: 8 hour day shifts Mon - Fri
Org Unit: 1115
Department: Clinical Research
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known
physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a
disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship
on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such
assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview,
please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable
accommodation requests only). Please provide all information
requested to assure that you are considered for current or future
Original Date Posted 3/23/12
Keywords: Nuvance Health, Danbury , Clinical Research Coordinator, Other , Poughkeepsie, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!