Company: The Culinary Institute of America
Location: Hyde Park
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The Admissions Counselor is responsible for the recruitment of
prospective students for The Culinary Institute of America (CIA).
Recruitment is conducted via various types of group and individual
communications, campus events, admissions presentations and
candidate file review.
- Responsible for development and implementation of a recruitment
plan that will include communication outreach, campus events and
- Communicates with prospective students through phone, email,
text and other types of personalized communications to guide and
manage their advancement through the admissions funnel process to
- Conducts CIA presentations to groups of students, educators,
parents and other influencers to share information about CIA and
- Forms relationships with key CIA alumni, educators and student
supporters to support CIA recruitment and assist with student
- Coordinates, plans and executes campus events to assist in
- Manages student files through the admissions process including
making decisions about whether students should be admitted to the
college. Communicates with admitted students to encourage
enrollment and enlist support of other CIA departments. For
applicants who present unusual and/or legal issues, consults with
supervisor to determine final admissions decision.
- Manages operational and recruitment expenses to approved
- Prepares and submits regular reports on status of
accomplishments and activities.
- Responsible for working with Admissions Software; Legacy system
and Datatel Recruiter, as well as MS Office suite products;
Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required in a related field.
- Prior experience in leadership and communication-intensive
Licenses / Certifications:
- Valid Driver's License required with no more than one (1)
moving violation in the past twelve (12) months.
- Minimum of two (2) years of Admissions Recruitment experience
- Excellent written, verbal communication and strong presentation
skills required. Must have demonstrated ability in organizational,
time management, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Must have an excellent and welcoming presence in front of
guests and employees.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to be
adaptable, dependable and handle multiple priorities
simultaneously. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and
- Strong customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to show a high level of service
responsiveness to internal customers and effective partnership with
colleagues, as well as the ability to determine when situations
require escalation or may be handled independently.
- Ability to use sound judgment and discretion in handling
sensitive issues with confidentiality and discretion.
- Strong computer experience and ability to grasp new computer
programs, which must include abilities to work effectively with
Admissions database programs and MS Office suite products, i.e.
Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Detail oriented and thorough.
- Exceptional organizational skills to maintain appropriate
follow-ups and records of activity.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends as required due to
- Must have the ability to travel within the United States 30% of
the time; depending on the territory.
- Regular work requires a great deal of sitting and standing for
extended periods of time.
- Able to bend, stoop or reach as needed.
- Must be able to lift fifty (50) pounds of admissions
At The Culinary Institute of America, it is important to us that
we support our employees with a substantial and meaningful package
of benefits. We believe in supporting our employees with benefits
to assist with work life balance.
Benefits are offered based on the position type and status.
Benefits offered may include;
- Medical and prescription drug plan
- Dental plan, Vision plan
- Insurance: Life, Home, Auto, even Pet!
- Short- and long-term disability plans
- Generous paid time off programs, including paid holidays
- Retirement savings plan 403(b) with company contribution
- Employee assistance program
- Tuition assistance programs
- And more!
Keywords: The Culinary Institute of America, Danbury , Admissions Counselor, Other , Hyde Park, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!