Company: Danbury Health Systems
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and
outpatient locations - Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital,
Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern
Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers
Medical Center in New York - plus multiple primary and specialty
care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a
leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices.
Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the
Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and
the Home Care organizations.
Perform duties of receiving, shipping, and distribution of
supplies and equipment to all areas of the VBMC to support patient
- Check and fill par cart levels daily in all service areas.
- Deliver, return, and restock exchange carts daily.
- Contact nursing unit staff to improve service and supplies
- Provides accurate documentation of all department
- Completes all scheduled and unscheduled assignments in a timely
- Transports items to appropriate area a pond receipt
- Returns all products to Storeroom with the proper paperwork and
- Answers phone when need in a friendly and courteous manner.
Takes down all information for a General Stock Request and delivers
supplies to appropriate personnel/unit
- Report any item shortage to Manager of Distribution or
Supervisor Materials Handling
- Receive all items using the proper equipment and receiving
- Deliver all possible Fed Ex, UPS, Air Borne and any other
requested items by the end of the business day.
- Have all parties sign off on all deliveries and return paper
work or electronic signature to Materials Handling Department for
- Inventory and Storage
- Maintain a clean and orderly environment for the Materials
Handling Departments areas of responsibly.
- Complies with all JACHO regulations as outline for Inventory
storage and 18" clearance
- Checks inventory for expiration dates of supplies when fill
cart or par levels.
- Staff member will go about their daily tasks with minimal
- Staff member will notify Supervisor or Manager of low or over
Education: High School diploma, equivalent or college
Experience: warehousing, supply chain management, purchasing, or
Location: Vassar Brothers Medical Center
Work Type: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40.00
Work Schedule: Evening 8
Work Shift: Mon-Fri 12:00pm-8:30pm Every other weekend
Org Unit: 1083
Department: Materials Dist Center
Originally posted 4/8/21
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known
physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a
disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship
on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such
assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview,
please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable
accommodation requests only). Please provide all information
requested to assure that you are considered for current or future
Keywords: Danbury Health Systems, Danbury , Materials Handler, Other , Poughkeepsie, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!