DISCOVER WHAT'S NEXT for your career!
We connect farms to families. And now, you can be a part of
that. As a overnight Dispatcher, you matter. You aren't just
responsible for driver check-in and inspecting trucks and equipment
to ensure on-time departure, you are doing the work that nourishes
millions. We are excited about what we do and we want people who
can get excited with us. The schedule for this open role is Monday-
- Pay starts at $17.50 hourly but commensurate with
- Growth and professional development opportunities.
- We're committed to listening and responding to feedback.
- Recognition for great work, company events and picnics, and
- Full-time employment opportunity.
JOB TITLE: Dispatcher/Transportation Admin 7PM-4:30AM
Responsible for driver scheduling and dispatching trucks to
ensure on-time departure. Monitors drivers throughout the day and
relays information to customer service so they may inform customers
of potential late deliveries or problems. Responsible for
monitoring hours of service for drivers.
The right candidate will have Transportation experience in
dispatch, knowledgeable of DOT rules, hours of service and familiar
with the tri-state area NY, CT, NJ. Must be able to work with
spreadsheets and have EXCELLENT customer service skills.
EEO / VETERANS / DISABLED
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Prepares driver scheduling and updates daily schedules.
- Creating Driver packages and checking the paperwork upon
- Dispatches trucks and ensures on-time departure.
- Ensures late truck report and extra Utilization report is
- Collaborates with Customer Service for late truck
- Prepares and maintains DVCR spreadsheet.
- Modifies trips and enters paper logs into On Board Computer
- Ensures available hours report is accurate for DOT
- Keeps area clean and maintains a safe working environment.
- Offers support/directions to drivers whenever necessary.
- Dispatching functions are completed in accordance with Company
standards and procedures including quality standards and safety
- Effective communication and coordination exist with Company
personnel and with management. Assistance and support are provided
- Deadlines are met.
- Candidates with previous dispatcher experience will be
- Understanding of Safety guidelines
- Warehouse/Operations preferred but not required
- Ability to communicate and work well with others.
- Astute, close attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Familiar with delivery routes and DOT rules and
- Understanding of procedures in other areas of the warehouse for
a more global understanding of all processes.
Job Type: Full-time
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin,
disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal
Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and
respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA