Company: Town Sports International Holdings Inc
Location: Baldwin Place
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Are you our next Lifeguard?
Do you have a passion and desire to help others live an active
lifestyle? Do you genuinely care about connecting with others and
being part of a team? If so, Town Sports International is looking
for Lifeguards to join our growing team. The Lifeguard is directly
responsible for maintaining a safe and clean pool environment for
Who are we?
Town Sports International is the largest gym chain in the Northeast
region with more than 180 locations spanning numerous markets
including locations in California, Florida and Puerto Rico. We
operate under our local brands of New York Sports Clubs, Boston
Sports Clubs, Washington Sports Clubs, Philadelphia Sports Clubs,
Palm Beach Sports Clubs, Around the Clock Fitness, Lucille Roberts,
Total Woman Gym + Spa, and LIV Fitness.
What do we do?
We are in the business of fitness results, positive change and
personal connections. We achieve this through innovative
programming, the latest equipment and a knowledgeable staff. More
than this, we work with our members to provide a personalized
roadmap to achieve specific fitness goals.
You will thrive in this role if you:
* Have an affinity for building relationships.
* Are responsive, organized and have effective listening and
* Possess a strong desire to deliver a phenomenal customer service
* Are willing to learn and take necessary step to grow and
* Have a desire to be part of a team.
More about this role:
The Lifeguard is responsible for maintaining a safe pool
environment for all members and guests and promptly and
appropriately responding to any emergencies in or around the pool.
The Lifeguard role achieves success through embodying our core
competencies (Creating the TSI Environment, Build a High Performing
Team, Achieve Measurable Results).
Create the TSI Environment
Our profession empowers members and team members to achieve active
lifestyles. Fitness has relevance through all aspects of life. We
build positive relationships and sustain the organization's culture
by interacting with the highest level of integrity and
communicating in a manner that reflects our brand.
* Modeling and promoting our guiding principles through the
* Reviewing and adhering to all TSI documents including but not
limited to policies and procedures, employee handbook, state
supplement, codes of conduct, etc.
* Enforce pool polices and standards of safe conduct for all
members and guests.
* Meticulously managing the pool division, lane sharing and lap
* Maintaining a positive attitude when interacting with members and
* Work collaboratively with team members and club leaders to adhere
to schedules and task assignments.
Build a High Performing Team
Inspires, motivates and develops a team to reach their fullest
potential, contributing to the ultimate success of the
organization. We constantly improve ourselves, our processes and
our procedures to provide a meaningful experience in the gym. We
are connected to our members, clients and each other.
* Inspecting the pool area for hazardous conditions and take
appropriate steps to eliminate risks, including keeping the pool
area free of clutter and eliminating tripping/slipping hazards.
* Testing and recording chemical readings every two hours (every
hour in the Maryland and DC clubs) in accordance with TSI Code.
Report any abnormal readings and partner with club management team
* Recognizing emergencies and responding effectively, completing
any necessary incident and/or accident reports.
* Being completely present at all times while on duty (stay focused
and off personal devices).
* Additional duties as assigned.
Achieve Measurable Results
Successfully and consistently exceeds goals that drive the member,
employee and business categories of the organization; actions
reflect a dedication to surpassing the expectations of both members
* Attend in-service trainings to maintain lifeguard skills and
practice emergency action plans.
* When there is no one in the pool, clean the pool area, including
vacuuming the pool and cleaning the deck, windows, waterline and
* Ensuring all necessary equipment, including first aid supplies,
is present in the pool area and notifying the appropriate club
manager if additional supplies or equipment are required.
Required Skills and Experience
* Lifeguarding certified.
* CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certified.
* Prior lifeguard experience preferred.
* Knowledge of chemical testing procedures and protocols.
* Ability to proficiently use our POS and membership system,
timekeeping any other computer programs required to meet the
business needs of the customer and TSI.
* Professional demeanor and ability to defuse emotional situations
in a calm manner.
* Flexible schedule with the ability to work early mornings,
nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
* Physical demands include ability to lift up to 20 pounds with or
without reasonable accommodations, walk through all areas of the
club, climbing stairs (where applicable), and bending and lifting
(e.g. picking up towels, restacking weights, moving equipment as
needed). The company reserves the right to change them as business
needs require and that jobs may require other tasks as assigned to
the employee by the company.
Keywords: Town Sports International Holdings Inc, Danbury , Lifeguard, Other , Baldwin Place, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!