Company: STERIS Canada Corporation
Posted on: February 25, 2021
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer
world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product
and service solutions around the globe. Position Summary
- Performs full range of drafting duties, design duties and
project assignments based on general instructions and guidance from
supervisor or engineers.
- Create and supervise designers in the design, development, and
documentation of manufacturing construction documentation for
mechanical or electrical components and subassemblies to meet
company, team and group goals.
- Design and model components and structure subassemblies and
assemblies in the CAD tool to meet company standards and produce
efficient models as references for engineering, manufacturing,
purchasing, service and marketing needs.
- Lead and insure the use of technical engineering
design/drafting technology principles to document design solutions
for medical devices. Uses 2D and 3D cad software.--
- Acts as project leads for Design functions on Development and
Enhancement projects Duties
- Instructs and mentors other designers and prepares complete and
accurate layouts: critical tolerance areas, component requirements
and placement, material selection and manufacturability in support
of current products, new designs, methods, materials, or process
- Is responsible for the accuracy and completeness of drawings in
regards to views, dimensioning, and conformance to company
engineering specifications and drafting standards; assists in the
final drafting checking function and aids in securing all necessary
approvals for all drawings produced.
- Designs and models complex sub-assemblies of major engineering
projects. Designs for best manufacturability process for components
as to cost, reliability and DFMA principles.
- Creates CAD models and assists with developing design layouts
and drawings for a variety of components, sub-assemblies,
processes, or equipment in support of projects.
- Interacts with vendors, suppliers, and consultants, on a
regular basis, to design complex sub-assemblies in line with
requirements and specifications.
- Serves as Project Lead for area and works as a collaborative
team member in engineering (CPE & R&D) projects.
- Provides technical assistance to Manufacturing, Service,
Purchasing, etc. on implementation of ECN's through the PLM system
as to design or documentation problems and or manufacturing
- Is required to assist with duties involving prototype assembly,
parts expediting for prototypes, validation of new or existing
products and other duties associated with engineering
- Aids in the development of designers in regards to good
drafting practices and to policies and procedures requirements as
related to drawing documentation.
- Demonstrated success in design and development necessary to
commercialize complex electromechanical products as part of an
engineering team. Duties - cont'd 11. Applies code/standards
guidelines and requirements to product design 12. Manage the
Special Sale Quote (SSQ) process for assigned product line
- Determine price and lead time
- Manage complete information chain and documentation 13. Manage
the Special Sales Order (SSO) process for assigned product line.
- Follow product of order through plant as needed
- --Manage complete information chain 14. Review and complete
ECAs as assigned by the Supervisor Engineering Support. 15. Provide
technical support to Sales, Service, Customers, Vendors,
Production, and Quality as required. 16. Special projects as
assigned by Supervisor or Manager Education Degree
- Vocational/Technical in Drafting or Design Required Experience
Requires a minimum of 5-10 years of related engineering
design/drafting technology experience. Requires a two to three year
college or technical school program in engineering design/drafting
technology or in a related field. Preferred Experience
- Proficient in 2D and 3D CAD Modeling (Creo preferred)
- Experience with (DFMA) Design for Manufacturing, Assembly is
- Experience with design controls (process) in a highly regulated
industry; medical preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in a variety of materials, technologies
and manufacturing methods, such as:
- Metal, plastics, rubber, composites
- Bearings, hydraulics, seals, optics
- welding, machining, forming, casting, molding, paint,
- Travel up to 10% including international Skills
- Exceptional team player STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE:
STE) organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide
and operates in more than 100 countries. If you need assistance
completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047.
This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and
cannot be used to check application status. STERIS is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment
opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure
that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and
promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion,
age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or
veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information, and any other category protected by federal, state or
local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status
as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound
by the principle of equal employment opportunity. The full
affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by --
60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants
for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be
obtained at your location's HR Office during normal business
Nearest Major Market: Montgomery
Job Segment: Hydraulics, Medical, Electrical, Engineer, Machinist,
Engineering, Healthcare, Manufacturing
Keywords: STERIS Canada Corporation, Danbury , Senior Designer, Other , Montgomery, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!