Business Developer - Located in Blooming Grove, NY
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Located in Blooming Grove, NY
Mediacom Communications Corporation has an exciting Business
Intelligence Developer opportunity at our Blooming Grove, NY
headquarters. Mediacom Communications Corporation is the nation's
fifth largest cable television provider based on the number of
video subscribers, and among the leading cable operators focused on
serving smaller cities and towns.
The Business Intelligence Developer will be actively working in
Cognos, Oracle OBIEE and Tableau supporting the business. The scope
of work includes, but is not limited to, report requirements
gathering, development of new dashboards and data visualizations,
routine maintenance and troubleshooting of existing reporting
artifacts, and OBIEE repository (RPD) modelling.
In addition to creating, testing, and implementing reporting
applications, this developer will be instrumental in writing
functional design documents, and communicating requirements to
database team members that will influence database design.
Incumbent will also provide day-to- day production support
surrounding regularly scheduled daily, weekly, and monthly reports.
The business intelligence developer will help the DW team in
delivering a self-service Business intelligence model empowering
end users to understand what data is available and how that
information can be queried to make data-driven decisions to solve
- Responsible for gathering requirements, writing functional
design documents, communicating requirements to entire DW
- Developing, testing, and implementing BI reporting artifacts
coded in Cognos, OBIEE and Tableau.
- Act as a liaise between business users and technical team
members including outsourced team members.
- Lead documentation reviews of process and technical
- Provide production support regarding day-to-day reporting
issues. Identify problem areas where appropriate and develop
- Design and develop Enterprise wide reporting suites - maintain
and manage Data repositories.
- Research new and evolving BI reporting tools to be adopted by
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must has BS in Computer Science, Statistics / Mathematics, or
Business / Finance.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Enterprise Report Developer
- 2+ years' experience with Oracle OBIEE (BI Publisher, Answers,
Analytics) a necessity.
- 2+ years' experience with Cognos and Tableau a necessity.
- Additional experience with QlikSense or Microsoft Power BI is a
- Strong technical knowledge of OBIEE 11g and 12c (188.8.131.52.0) -
Has demonstrated knowledge of Database / Repository Architecture,
Data Governance, and Performance Tuning.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Manager Platforms - Experience serving
as Server Administrator.
- Ability to Leverage Roles and Security - Set Up and Maintenance
of User Privileges.
- Excellent SQL and Database Skills - Python / R / PL/SQL
knowledge a plus.
- Proven track record for implementing Reporting Datamarts and
Business Intelligence Applications.
- Thorough knowledge in Data Warehousing concepts with expertise
in ETL methodology for supporting data extraction, loading and
transformation processing using Informatica Power Center.
- Experience in developing reports from Star, Snow flake and
- Knowledge of and experience with statistical analysis is a
- Strong background in Data Warehousing / Report
- Strong communication skills and ability to build positive,
professional, and productive business relationships with business
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and
produce tangible results.
Keywords: Mediacom, Danbury , Business Developer - Located in Blooming Grove, NY, IT / Software / Systems , Walden, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!