Company: American Heart Association
Posted on: January 22, 2023
OverviewNow is the time to join an organization that enables you
to be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives.
Here at the American Heart Association, you matter and so does your
career!The American Heart Association has an opportunity for a
Compensation Director . This position may be home office based or
based in a local Association office with a hybrid schedule.The
Compensation Director will serve as a player/coach within a team of
3 staff who oversee compensation for approximately 3,000+ staff.
Will provide direct coaching and supervision to two Senior
Compensation Analysts.The Director will plan, develop, prioritize,
direct, and directly implement compensation strategies for the
Association. This individual will foster a team environment and a
strong service culture that ensures engaging communications and
delivery of timely and quality driven service to internal
customers.The Association offers many resources to help you
maintain work-life harmonization through your changing needs and
life situations. To help you be successful, you will have access to
Heart U, our award-winning corporate university, as well as
training and support locally and through our National
Center.#TheAHALife is our company culture, our way of life,
reflecting our diversity and inclusion, our focus on work-life
satisfaction, and our Guiding Values - Check out this hashtag on
Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter today!Responsibilities
- Manage the Associations compensation offerings including base
salary management and short- and long-term incentive plans as both
an implementer and supervisor.
- Delivers strategic compensation guidance aligned with the
Association's strategy, mission, and workforce trends.
- Leads the compensation analysis and market pricing of roles to
proactively ensure the Association is paying competitively,
adjusting as needed for market trends, internal equity, and
- Implement and handle job architecture structure including the
development of job descriptions and maintaining of systems to
ensure accuracy and integrity of structure. Educates both HR and
Business Leaders on the program.
- Lead all aspects of the development and administration of
incentive plans and systems.
- Develop and facilitate training to improve employees and
managers' knowledge, appreciation, and effective use of job
architecture and compensation offerings.
- Provide a consultative and collaborative relationship with
Human Resources and Business Leaders on understanding and
delivering compensation programs and processes, including job
architecture, offers, promotions, and incentives.
- Maintain overall compensation programs and systems and ensure
compliance with federal, state, or local laws and regulations.
- Collaborate with the Human Resources team to ensure standard
work processes are implemented, continually evolve, and meet
- Human Resources or Business-related Degree Preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of compensation analysis experience and 3
years in a leadership role.
- Experience with job architecture, equity analysis and incentive
plan administration required.
- Strong understanding of state and federal laws and regulations
as they apply to compensation programs.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and a thorough
knowledge of compensation administration.
- Able to communicate effectively with internal and external
customers of all levels, including executives.
- Able to maintain data integrity through attention to detail and
accuracy, prioritize and meet aggressive deadlines, and process,
manipulate, and summarize reports.
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, Excel and HRIS Systems.Preferred
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) Certification.
- Experience working in Workday.
- Experience in international compensation
management.#AHAIND1Compensation & BenefitsThe American Heart
Association invests in its people. Here are the main components of
our total rewards package. Visit Rewards & Benefits to see more
- Compensation Our goal is to ensure you have a competitive base
salary. Thats why we regularly review the market value of jobs and
make adjustments, as needed.
- Performance and Recognition You are rewarded for achieving
success by merit increases and incentive programs, based on the
type of position.
- Benefits We offer a wide array of benefits including medical,
dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, along with a robust
retirement program that includes an employer match and automatic
contribution. As a mark of our commitment to employee well-being,
we also offer an employee assistance program, employee wellness
program and telemedicine, and medical consultation.
- Professional Development You can join one of our many Employee
Resource Groups (ERG) or be a mentor/mentee in our professional
mentoring program. HeartU is the Associations national online
university, with more than 100,000 resources designed to meet your
needs and busy schedule.
- Work-Life Harmonization The Association offers Paid Time Off
(PTO) at a minimum of 16 days per year for new employees. The
number of days will increase based on seniority level. You will
also have a total of 12 paid holidays off each year, which includes
several days off at the end of the year.#LI-RemoteThe American
Heart Associations 2024 Goal: Every person deserves the opportunity
for a full, healthy life. As champions for health equity, by 2024,
the American Heart Association will advance cardiovascular health
for all, including identifying and removing barriers to health care
access and quality.At American Heart Association - American Stroke
Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to
both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to
heart health and stroke prevention.This position not a match with
your skills? Click here to see other opportunities.EOE/Protected
Veterans/Persons with DisabilitiesLocation US-TX-DallasPosted Date
1 week ago (1/9/2023 12:36 PM)Requisition ID 2022-9717Job Category
Human ResourcesAdditional Locations Diversity Distribution US - Top
57Position Type Full TimeLocation: CT-Danbury
Keywords: American Heart Association, Danbury , Compensation Director, Human Resources , Danbury, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!