Recruiting Specialist I - Located in Blooming Grove, NY
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Located in Blooming Grove, NY
Mediacom is one of the largest cable companies in the nation
operating in 22 states with over 4600 employees. As Mediacom
continues to grow, so do the career opportunities within! Be part
of excitement and join one of the most stable and dynamic
technology companies in the market today. This culture of
advancement, success, outstanding benefits, and career advancement
opportunities give you The Power to Succeed!
As part of a human resources team, the Recruiting Specialist I is
responsible for leading the staffing and talent acquisition efforts
of the company to build a strong workforce that adds to the
company's success. You will make critical judgements based on
information gathered through the interview process. A successful
candidate will possess knowledge of employment and labor law, have
a deep understanding of the organization and its staffing needs,
and possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Everyday you'll talk to candidates and help us communicate the
message of our employment brand, "The Power to Succeed". You'll
have exposure to many parts of the business and build relationships
with multiple leaders and hiring managers.
- Recruits, interviews, and screens job candidates to fill
existing and future job openings within the organization.
- Responsible for entry-level and experienced technical
recruiting efforts to include all aspects of the hiring process:
evaluating needs, advertising, reviewing resumes, and
coordinating/conducting interviews and offers.
- Screens and interviews candidates using behavioral interview
techniques to ensure candidate matches all specifications of the
position including organizational fit and job fit.
- Develops a strong network of talent through various methods
including: sourcing through web, internet,
university/college/school visits, and network contacts within the
- Establishes and maintains relationships with hiring managers to
stay abreast of current and future hiring.
- Sources active candidates from various resources including:
online databases, contact lists, internal databases, and employee
- Educates candidates on the total value proposition of the
company including the company's benefits, career development
opportunity, and pay.
- Maintains necessary documentation for assigned requisitions
i.e. documentation for FCC 396-C filings.
- Ensures adherence with all federal and state employment laws;
maintain EEO Guidelines.
- Ensures all background requirements are met for all assigned
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Maintain and update job descriptions.
- Regular attendance and work hours required. Some travel may be
- Required - Bachelor's Degree in related field, or equivalent
experience in lieu of degree.
- Required - 1-3 years of related recruiting experience.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal regulations related to
- Effective interviewing practices and techniques.
- Experience managing multiple recruiting assignments within an
Applicant Tracking System.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment and use MS Office
applications to produce correspondence, reports, electronic
communication, spreadsheets, etc.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to build strong and
productive personal relationships and work effectively with
individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality and
judgment sufficient to handle sensitive employment issues.
- Ability to effectively advocate ideas and influence internal
and external audiences.
Keywords: Recruiting, Recruiter, Human Resources, Talent
Keywords: Mediacom, Danbury , Recruiting Specialist I - Located in Blooming Grove, NY, Human Resources , Cornwall, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!