Assistant Housekeeping Supervisor
Company: Hampton Inn Fishkill
Posted on: November 24, 2022
The -Hampton -Inn Fishkill -is hiring for an -Assistant
Housekeeping SupervisorJOB TITLE: - -Assistant Housekeeping
ManagerREPORTS : -Executive HousekeeperPOSITION SUMMARY:The
Assistant Housekeeping Manager supervises and coordinates
activities of -room attendant, house attendant, -public area
-cleaners and floor supervisors. He / She assists in the managing
and -directing -of the day-to-day operations of all -Housekeeping
-and -laundry -functions. He/She must be able to clean rooms.
-Participates in and enforces quality assurance for -Housekeeping
Department -and department cost control measures.Responsibility &
- Should have an eye for detail and the ability to effectively
deal with -guests, other departments and housekeeping staff.
- Obtains list of -vacant -rooms to be cleaned immediately & list
of prospective checkouts or discharges in order to prepare work
- Experience with -turn down service, special needs of -VIP
-Guests, foreign dignitaries, etc. is helpful. -
- Assigns team members their duties, and inspects work for
conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness. -
- Prepares and distributes the Room assignment sheet and floor
keys to -room boys.
- Maintain clear and efficient communication and coordination
with the -Front Office -and other departments of the -hotel. -
- Schedules -the cleaning of the room carpets, upholstery, and
draperies as needed, along with -deep cleaning -projects and window
cleaning as necessary.
- Schedules cleaning for -lobby -area, public restrooms,
telephone areas, hallways, entrances, elevators.
- Schedules periodic major cleaning projects including carpet
shampooing, cleaning of walls and baseboards, cleaning of windows,
elevator doors and tracks.
- Schedules cleaning of all meeting rooms after a completed
- Schedules deep cleaning of all meeting rooms on periodic basis
including carpet shampooing, cleaning of walls and baseboards,
cleaning of windows, etc.
- Inventories -cleaning supplies -& linen stock to ensure
- Investigates concerns regarding housekeeping service and
equipment, and takes corrective action.
- Provides support to the Executive Housekeeper in all areas of
Housekeeping operation, such as staff training, -coaching,
counselings and also enforces to the hotels standard operating
- Ensure all meeting room functions are properly -set -up
according to the requests indicated on the meeting room/event
- Ensures guest rooms are properly secured and that proper -key
control -procedures are utilized by the housekeeping staff.
- Advises -manager, desk -clerk, & admitting personnel of rooms
ready for -occupancy.
- Rewards employees who use their empowerment to meet or exceed
- Print all housekeeping related reports and traces from
- Assists in -controlling -expenses by the housekeeping
- Confirm all housekeeping staff members have arrived or find
substitutes for absent employees.
- Maintain high quality of housekeeping standards in: -1) the
guest rooms 2) -linens -and uniforms 3) -lost and found -procedures
4) laundry and 5) public area.
- Review outside laundry facility servicing to ensure quality,
undamaged linens and consistent delivery, keeping in mind the
- Co-ordinate with vendors eg: Pest control, Laundry services and
other outsource services.
- Attend to any guest complaints and take service recovery
measures if required.
- Review the housekeeping points on the guest feedback forms,
take actions on guest complaints and also share guest compliments
with staff members.
- Prepare annual housekeeping budget.
- Submit requests for repair and periodic maintenance of cleaning
- Prepares store requisition, purchase other supplies and
equipment, also monitor -par -stock on all housekeeping -guest
supplies -and linens.Other Routine Responsibilities:
- Co-ordinate with front office and sending room -discrepancy
- Select, staff, recruit, hire, and train qualified housekeeping
- Attends training seminars to perfect housekeeping techniques
and procedures, and enhance supervisory skills.
- Records data concerning work assignments, personnel actions,
and time cards, and prepares periodic reports. -May prepare reports
concerning room occupancy, payroll expenses, and department
- Attends periodic staff meetings with other department heads to
discuss company policies and patrons' complaints, and to make
recommendations to improve service and -ensure more efficient
- Orient and familiarize new personnel with hotel facilities and
- Control all expenditures relating to Housekeeping, including
labor, guest room supplies, and all cleaning supplies and
- Oversee any guest communications from
housekeeping.PREREQUISITES:Education: -Hotel management diploma or
equivalent. Read and understand instructions, -safety -rules, etc.
-Write reports with proper format, punctuation, spelling, and
grammar. Speak with correct English and well-modulated
voice.Experience :Minimum 2 years housekeeping experience in a
supervisory capacity, 2 years line level experience in all aspects
of the Housekeeping department.
Keywords: Hampton Inn Fishkill, Danbury , Assistant Housekeeping Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Fishkill, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!