Floor Supervisor / Bartender
Location: Hyde Park
Posted on: September 23, 2022
The Floor Supervisor/Bartender is accountable for providing quality
service to all customers while ensuring all practices, equipment
and inventory are properly maintained. The Floor
Supervisor/Bartender is responsible for the efficient and effective
execution for all warehouse and bar activities on a daily basis,
including but not limited to, the receipt, storage, staging and
movement of inventory as well as the preparation and service of
beverages. The Floor Supervisor/Bartender is also responsible for
properly performing all closing procedures.
- Responsible for closing the restaurant on a nightly
- Responsible for all customer transactions and follows all cash
handling procedures if and when used.
- Responsible for following defined storeroom and bar workflow
- Receives incoming shipments for the warehouse and the bars;
verifies that items and quantities match purchase orders and
requisitions and reports shipment discrepancies to the Restaurant
- Labels and stores received material(s) as directed.
- Stores inventory safely and in compliance with established
- Uses the inventory software; EATEC, and equipment as required
in the documentation of product movement from the
- Conducts periodic inventory cycle counts and physical
inventories as directed.
- Prepares for and participates in audits.
- Prepares and serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages to
patrons of restaurants, following standard recipes.
- Serves guests dining at the bar or in the Bar/Tavern/Al Forno
area of the restaurants.
- Assists in the Dining Rooms with beverage service, food service
and table maintenance as needed.
- Ensures that physical security barriers, such as doors,
cabinets, etc. are secure at all times.
- Keeps warehouse and bar spaces clean and walkways/aisles clear
of materials or refuse.
- Responsible for handling all related job responsibilities in
accordance to Standard Operating Procedures, CIA Policies and any
State and Federal Laws.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience preparing cocktails,
maintaining wine and liquor inventory and handling customer
transactions in a fine dining establishment.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in dining room
- MICROS POS experience.
- TIPS Certification.
- Proficient in basic mathematical skills.
- Must be able to pass a bar knowledge test.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to be
adaptable, dependable and handle multiple priorities
- Demonstrated ability to show a high level of service
responsiveness to internal customers.
- Must display a high level of energy and
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities
- Must be able to work flexible modified shift schedules, which
may include overtime, varying shift start times and weekends as
required by business needs.
- Must be able to lift and carry fifty (50) pounds at least fifty
(50) feet and gently put it down multiple times per shift.
- Able to stand for extended time periods.
- Repetitive crouching, kneeling, bending, twisting and
At The Culinary Institute of America, it is important to us that we
support our employees with a substantial and meaningful package of
benefits. We believe in supporting our employees with benefits to
assist with work life balance.
Benefits are offered based on the position type and status.
Benefits offered may include:
- Medical and prescription drug plan
- Dental plan, Vision plan
- Insurance: Life, Home, Auto, even Pet!
- Paid time off programs, including paid holidays
- Employee assistance program
- And more!
The CIA has implemented a policy requiring all employees, students
and on-site contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccination.
Reasonable accommodations are available to applicants when legally
Keywords: CIA, Danbury , Floor Supervisor / Bartender, Hospitality & Tourism , Hyde Park, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!