Company: Ethan Allen Global Inc.
Posted on: May 13, 2022
- Design menu items and assume responsibility for all food
rotation and proper timing of foods. Coordinate placing of food on
the steam and cold table with staff. Work closely with suppliers to
ensure that all items needed are in stock for the menu. Alert,
friendly and able to assist guests with courtesy and promptness.
Familiar with a variety of the culinary field concepts and
procedures. Rely on at least 10 years of culinary and management
experience to plan and accomplish goals. Perform a variety of
- Train and manage kitchen personnel and supervise/coordinate all
related culinary activities
- Estimate food consumption and requisition or purchase food
- Select and develop recipes
- Standardize production recipes to ensure consistent
- Establish presentation technique and quality standards
- Plan and price menus
- Ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance
- Ensure proper safety and sanitation in kitchen
- Oversee special catering events and offer culinary instruction
and/or demonstrate culinary techniques
- Supervises kitchen personnel with responsibility for hiring,
discipline, performance reviews and initiating pay increases
- Responsible for staying within specified budget
- Inspect equipment before and after use, making sure everything
is clean and in proper working order.
- Review prep list check daily pars and maintain pars as
necessary, order stock from specific list, and ensure all food
items are dated and up to company standards.
- Oversee inventory of stations, control quality of food, avoid
waste, and ensure proper rotation and utilization.
- Train employees to keep up with company standards and new
- Check all food for proper consistency, temperature, and
- Monitor overtime.
- Coordinate workflow to ensure a smooth-running operation.
- Make sure kitchen is clean and kept neat according to health
department standards, also supervise dishwashers and other cooks in
their respective duties.
- Check food orders going out of the kitchen and food being
- Review all kitchen staff necessary for any special parties or
orders; also follow up on completed work.
- Monitor employee's performance and issues, discipline when
- Handle all necessary paperwork related to this position
(discipline reports, handing our forms to employees, evaluations,
special assignments, and communication in logbook for other
- Walk and stand approximately 75% of your shift.
- Assist team members as needed to promote a positive teamwork
environment. Technical skills:
- POS System, Microsoft Excel, Word and familiarity with all
- Servsafe certifiedHotel Specific Essential Functions:
- Ability to sit and stand for 8 to 10 hrs. length of time
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to bend frequently during a shift
- Ability to read, write, understand and speak English
- Ability to drive outside of hotel to sales callsBenefits are an
important part of the total compensation that are offered,
providing peace of mind and financial well-being. Ethan Allen is
committed to offering a variety of benefits that allow associates
to choose whether or not to participate based on personal and
family needs. Some of the benefits offered are two company
subsidized Medical Plans with Prescription Drug Coverage and Health
Savings Account (including Employer contributions), cost effective
Dental and Vision plans, 401(k) plan (with Employer matching
contributions and Profit Sharing), company provided Life Insurance,
Short and Long-Term Disability (FT associates only), Flexible
Spending Accounts - Health Care & Dependent Care, Commuter Saving
Plans - Public Transit & Parking, Voluntary Whole Life Insurance,
Voluntary Critical Care Insurance, Voluntary Accident Insurance,
Employee Assistance Program, Employee Purchase Program, and
Employee Referral Bonus Program. Ethan Allen is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All Qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status. We are an E-Verify
Keywords: Ethan Allen Global Inc., Danbury , Executive Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , Danbury, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!