Posted on: January 12, 2022
Job Title: Meat Department Supervisor, Full TimeDepartment:
OperationsReports To: Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager
We are living our Mission; "The Price Rite Way, Our Messaging to
Customers" which states:"At Price Rite, we have created a different
type of shopping experience, designed to give the customer the best
combination of value, selection and service, and all with the
customer in mind. We call it the Rite Way and it is the mission we
- The Price Rite Values- Provide you with inconceivably,
incredibly low prices every day, along with an array of "special
buys"- better than clubs, full-service and small box
- The Price Rite Selection- Offer the freshest range of produce,
meats, dairy, and baked goods along with leading brands in every
category. We supplement this with our amazing private brand
program, which proudly carries the Price Rite name.
- The Price Rite Service- Enthusiastic, friendly and local
customer service in every department and at check-out, all
accessible to you and happy to help.We want to change the way you
shop, we want you to love our experience, and always want to hear
how we can get better. Thanks for choosing the Rite Way.
The RITE Way guides everything we do and is why we are in business.
At price Rite, we know that a cohesive team is the foundation for
everything we try to do as a company. Team Members are our "front
line" to the customer, and our key partner in delivering the RITE
Values, providing the RITE Service, and the RITE Selection every
day.Job Summary:The Meat Department Supervisor is accountable to
the Store Manager/ Assistant Store Manager and is responsible for
directing, developing and managing the Meat Department and
Perishable staff to protect company assets, maintain store
conditions and presentation, maximizing sales customer and team
member relations through proper controls such as sanitation,
merchandising, payroll, required record keeping and compliance of
Company, State and Federal policies, rules, procedures, regulations
Minimum Required Qualifications:The minimum required qualifications
for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Read, write and speak English
- Perform basic math skills: calculation of percent, addition,
- Understand and follow directions
- Must be able to bend, reach, stoop and lift moderate-weighted
- Lift up to 35 pounds regularly and at times up to 75 lbs.
- Push/pull equipment loaded with product
- Work a flexible schedule consisting of daytime, evening and
- Ability to work in temperatures of 40 degrees or lower
- Prior meat and/or supervisory experience preferred
- High school diploma required, some college preferred
- Ability to travel to nearby stores
Essential Job Functions:Performance of the essential functions of
this position require the Team Member to possess the minimum
qualifications listed above. These functions include, but are not
limited to, the following:
- Order, receive and inventory department products.
- Organize, clean and maintain coolers, freezers and cases.
- Stock, merchandise and sign meat department to enhance sales,
profits and presentation.
- Perform managerial duties such as supervising, training and
developing of team members.
- Communicate to all levels of management.
- Achieve sales and shrink objectives.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Achieve company standards of clean, fresh and friendly.
- Proper use of store security systems and keys per company
- Has a Company recognized Food Safety Certification and/ or can
successfully complete training to receive and maintain a Company
recognized Food Safety Certification
Important Disclaimer Notice: The above statements are only intended
to represent the essential job functions and general nature of the
work being performed and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an
Associate may be required to perform. The employer reserves the
right to revise this job description at any time and to require
Associates to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of
its business, competitive considerations, or the work environment
change. This job description is not a guarantee of employment.
Keywords: PriceRite, Danbury , Meat Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Danbury, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!