Assistant Store Manager
Company: Wheels of CT, Inc. & Consumers Petroleum of Connec
Posted on: November 19, 2021
DescriptionIf you're ready to join an innovative team in the
petroleum industry, then Wheels of CT, Inc. is excited to speak
with you! We are looking for customer focused, enthusiastic, and
outgoing individuals to be a part of the Wheels family. Our company
has 27 locations throughout Fairfield, New Haven, Litchfield, and
Hartford counties. We believe in company and employee loyalty and
we take pride in the fact that we have many long-term workers who
have been with us for 20 years or more! We offer a challenging,
team-oriented workplace with a primary focus on our customers and
being a part of the communities we operate in.Job Summary:The
Assistant Store Manager (ASM) is responsible for the overall
day-to-day operations of the store in the absence of the Store
Manager. The ASM supports the Store Manager with management of the
entire location in regards to compliance; upholding policies and
procedures; loss prevention; development of staff; meeting
performance and profit goals; maintaining of proper inventory
levels of products; and effective communication of the Wheels 5
Core Values.This position portrays excellent leadership skills and
encourages the highest level of customer service.Responsibilities
and Duties include but are not limited to:
- Performs all duties of a Customer Service Associate (CSA) and
- Supervises the day-to-day assignments and performance of CSAs
and Shift Managers.
- Assists the Store Manager will all matters related to training,
coaching and employee engagement & performance.
- Ensures that Company policies & procedures are properly
- Plans & coordinates daily assignments and activities with staff
to meet the needs of the business.
- Researches all areas pertaining to loss prevention.
- Assists the Store Manager with creating weekly schedules of
shifts according to store needs and budgeted hours.
- Follows up with training of newly hired employees & provides
Store Manager with feedback of trainee.
- Ensures precise reconciliation of daily paperwork & submits to
accounting within required time frame.
- Observes & documents staff on job performance. Communicates any
issues pertaining to job performance to Store Manager.
- Forecasts & orders stock and merchandise according to Company
- Coaches staff to uphold Wheels 5 Core Values.Pay & Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Medical coverage
- Employee Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time off
- Bonus ProgramRequirements/Qualifications:
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a supervisory role and 1 year
of retail experience
- Excellent leadership skills in retail, food service or fuel
- Ability to work all required shifts, including weekends &
holidays, based on the needs of the business
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (Exchange, Excel and
- Ability to stand for long periods of time & lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must have valid driver's license and reliable transportationJob
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursementSupplemental Pay:
- Bonus payExperience:
- Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
- Retail management: 1 year (Required)Work Location: One
Keywords: Wheels of CT, Inc. & Consumers Petroleum of Connec, Danbury , Assistant Store Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Danbury, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!