Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner - EmUrgentCare, Per Diem
Company: Albany Medical Center
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Tillson, NY, United States Department/Unit: EmUrgent Care -
Saugerties Work Shift: Per Diem (United States of America) Welcome
to Albany Medical Center, providing excellent care to our community
each day. We have an exciting opportunity for physician assistants
and/or nurse practitioners to join our team. An ideal candidate
must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, both
independently and on a team. This is a per diem position with a
minimum requirement of 18 hours per month. Primary Job
- Conduct patient assessments and complete physical
- Collect clinical data such as vitals, specimens, point of care
- Conduct occupational medicine assessments
- Complete accurate patient coding
- Maintain accurate and detailed patient medical reports
- Serve as the on-site leader for clinical staff Requirements:
- Registered Physician Assistant with valid New York license and
- Valid and current DEA license Education Requirements:
- Graduate of an approved Physician Associate or Nurse
- NCCPA Registration
- Applicable state licensure as a Physician Assistant or Nurse
- Minimum 2 years' experience in an Emergency Room or Urgent Care
setting; critical care experience preferred.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and critical judgment.
- Able to respond to emergencies in a calm, reasoned manner.
- Use of the scientific process and national standards of care as
a framework for managing patient care.
- Able to quickly master all aspects of a computerized medical
recordkeeping and billing system.
- Must project a professional image and earn the confidence of
others. Must have excellent verbal and written skills and have
experience in and a desire to deal professionally with the public.
Good interpersonal and relationship-building skills are
- Must be HIPAA compliant at all times. Competitive Benefits and
- Paid hands-on training
- Opportunities for growth within the Albany Medical Center
- Located on main public transportation lines
- Occurrence Based Malpractice Insurance About Albany Med Best of
the Capital Region Albany Med is at its best when our community
needs us most. We've been voted Best Hospital in the Times Union's
annual readers' poll for two consecutive years. For more
information about Albany Med, visit our website at amc.edu and
interact with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Thank you for your interest in Albany Medical Center!--- Albany
Medical is an equal opportunity employer. This role may require
access to information considered sensitive to Albany Medical
Center, its patients, affiliates, and partners, including but not
limited to HIPAA Protected Health Information and other information
regulated by Federal and New York State statutes. Workforce members
are expected to ensure that: Access to information is based on a
"need to know" and is the minimum necessary to properly perform
assigned duties. Use or disclosure shall not exceed the minimum
amount of information needed to accomplish an intended purpose.
Reasonable efforts, consistent with Albany Med Center policies and
standards, shall be made to ensure that information is adequately
protected from unauthorized access and modification.
Keywords: Albany Medical Center, Danbury , Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner - EmUrgentCare, Per Diem, Healthcare , Tillson, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...