Medical Direct Care Enhanced Support Floater Full Time - $20/hr
Company: Ability Beyond
Posted on: January 21, 2023
At Ability Beyond, we discover, build and celebrate the ability
in all people. Our organization is dedicated to empowering every
person, no matter their ability, to have the opportunity to live,
work and thrive as an integral part of their community. We are
currently looking for those with CNA experience to join our Danbury
Direct Care team. You will float around in a variety of designated
group homes with disabled adults to help them achieve their goals
based on their individual preferences and abilities.What does it
mean to be an Enhanced Support Floater?
- In this position, our direct care staff will be responsible for
providing reinforcement and relief (R&R) to a designated group
of programs that have been determined to require enhanced
- Our staff are responsible for helping with activities of daily
living such as personal hygiene or cooking, bathing or toileting,
and arranging and transporting residents to appointments.
- They also may help participate in community activities such as
sports, going to the movies, shopping, walking in the park, doing
- This role is perfect for this with a CNA/medical background,
Medication Certification, 2 years plus experience working in a
direct care setting or related field, or an interest in medical
care or nursingWhy should you join our team?
- Extensive paid training and certification program
- Generous benefit package (medical, dental, PTO, etc.)
- Flexible work schedules and overtime available
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- A culture of appreciation, respect, and teamwork
- An opportunity to have a positive impact in the lives of
others!What makes Ability Beyond a unique place to grow?
- We offer a wide range of growth opportunities within our
agency. Through our Pathways program, full time employees have the
ability to undergo a mentor and supervision program, behavior
specialty, or our Direct Support Professional certification
- With our mentorship-matching program, we give our employees a
mentor who -come in as a part of our Interim Floater Talent Pool, a
unique position that offers new employees the opportunity to really
learn about all of our programs.
- We have various programs such as independent -living, a robust
day program, and have an extensive career development network.
- Through Breathe Equality, our employee resource group we ensure
our employees have a place where they can belong.
- Recently launched, our Grow Beyond initiative spotlights our
growth opportunities and stories to show how you can level up in
your career.Schedule: -We are currently hiring for a combination of
1st (morning), 2nd (afternoon) shifts and weekends!. At least one
weekend day availability required. Pay rate: -
- $20.00/ hour
- Shift & weekend hourly incentives ($2-$7 per hour)Program
Locations Include: -Brookfield, Newtown, New Milford, Danbury,
Bethel, Ridgefield, New FairfieldWhat are the responsibilities of
an Enhanced Support Life Skills Instructor?
- Helping with activities of daily living activities. These
include personal care, and arranging transportation for residents
to appointments. This may also include assisting with cooking
creative and fun meals for the people we serve.
- Assisting individuals to achieve their goals. Providing
hands-on support to the individuals based on their preferences and
abilities. Every day is an opportunity to help someone achieve
- Community integration. Integrating individuals with
disabilities into the community to participate in work, recreation,
leisure, volunteer activities and socialization skills. Have a
hobby like drawing or playing basketball? You can share this with
others at your job!
- Work with individuals with medical, behavioral, and independent
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's license & vehicle
- Willingness to learn!
- 2 year plus experience in a CNA orientated role.
- Flexibility To see the day in the life of our Ability Beyond
heroes, check out this video: - PandoLogic. Keywords: Certified
Nursing Assistant (CNA), Location: Danbury, CT - 06816
Keywords: Ability Beyond, Danbury , Medical Direct Care Enhanced Support Floater Full Time - $20/hr, Healthcare , Danbury, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!