Caregiver/Direct Support Professional
Company: Ability Beyond Disability
Posted on: November 25, 2022
- NEW pay range: $17.25 - $18.25*
- Shift and Weekend Hourly Incentives! ($2-$7 per hour)*
We are currently looking for Direct Support Professionals to join
our Greater Danbury Medical programs! Our Direct Care staff are
responsible for providing training and support to adult individuals
with disabilities in our group home settings. Our Medical Program
staff require teaching and training in "Activities of Daily
Living", also known as ADLS. Program staff assist individuals
served in learning new skills and helping them to complete tasks
that they are unable to do alone, while supporting them in daily
functions they cannot do themselves. They also may help participate
in community activities such as sports, going to the movies,
shopping, walking in the park, doing crafts, etc. These programs
are perfect for CNA's, current nursing students, or anyone looking
to get experience in the medical setting. We love any creative
ideas you have to make each day enjoyable!
- Helping with activities of daily living activities. These
include personal care, and arranging transportation for residents
to appointments. This may also include assisting with cooking
creative and fun meals for the people we serve.
- Assisting individuals to achieve their goals. Providing
hands-on support to the individuals based on their preferences and
abilities. Every day is an opportunity to help someone achieve
- Community integration. Integrating individuals with
disabilities into the community to participate in work, recreation,
leisure, volunteer activities and socialization skills. Have a
hobby like drawing or playing basketball? You can share this with
others at your job!
Program Locations Include: Brookfield, Danbury, Newtown, Bethel, &
Available Hours: We are currently hiring for all shifts - days,
evenings, nights and weekends!
- MUST have a High school diploma or equivalent.
- MUST have a valid driver's license.
- No experience needed - caregiver/caregiving or customer service
experience a plus!
Why should you join our team?
- Extensive paid training and certification program
- Generous benefit package (medical, dental, PTO, etc.)
- Flexible work schedules and overtime available
- Tuition reimbursement and CNA recertification hours
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- A culture of appreciation, respect, and teamwork
- An opportunity to have a positive impact in the lives of
We cannot wait to meet you - send in your resume today for a
virtual interview! To see the day in the life of a DSP, check out
Keywords: Ability Beyond Disability, Danbury , Caregiver/Direct Support Professional, Healthcare , Danbury, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!