Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Company: Family Services Inc.
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Seeking a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP)
to join our Outpatient Behavioral Health Team.This is full-time,
permanent position. Salary range is $150,000 - $170,000 based on
experience. New Hire incentives are available!
This is a professional, medical position which provides psychiatric
care for clients in any of the aspects of our community mental
health program. Prescribers function with wide latitude to exercise
independent professional judgment. Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners
also act as resources of information for other employees of the
agency. Clinical supervision is received from the Medical Director
while administrative supervision is received from the Clinic
Director.Our mission is to bring people together to find the
support they need, improving their lives and communities, and
building a stronger, safer Hudson Valley.We welcome the unique
contributions from our team when it comes to culture, ethnicity,
race, sex, gender identity, and expression, nation of origin,
languages spoken, color, religion, sexual orientation, and
beliefs.Typical work activities:
- Render psychiatric and neurological diagnostic services for
clients, utilizing the contributions of mental health
- Participates in the intake and screening process of
- Provides medication management;
- Works to insure continuity of service;
- Provides referral information to alternate placement
- Reviews intake and treatment plans and signs the record as
required by regulations;
- Participates in in-service training of professionals and
- Participates in information-educational community activities to
further community knowledge in the detection and prevention of
- Act as a resource person for other staff in the areas of
medicine, psychiatry and neurology;
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
- Thorough professional knowledge of the practice of
- good knowledge of current psychiatric treatments and
- the ability to supervise and instruct staff members;
- the ability to develop good community relations;
- the ability to write clear and concise reports;
- the ability to develop and maintain collaborative and
supportive working relationships with all members of the clinical
and clerical staff;
- inform Clinic Director of relevant clinical and administrative
- consult appropriately;
- actively support program goals and system
- the ability to exercise sound judgment in evaluating patient
condition and making decisions on an appropriate course of
- ability to relate sympathetically to a potentially difficult
- physical condition commensurate with the demands of the
position.Minimum Qualifications:Licensed as a Psychiatric Mental
Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) by the New York State Department
of Education. Must be board certified. Currently credentialed with
Medicare and Medicaid preferred.Hours & Location:
- Full time: 40 hours/weekWhile contributing to the betterment of
your community is rewarding, you'll also have access to a host of
progressive benefits to better your own life, including:
- Competitive salary range of $150-170k annually, based on
- Medical, dental and vision coverage.
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer match up to 5%.
- Generous paid vacation, holiday, sick and personal time package
(2 weeks' vacation to start, 13 paid holidays per year, 12 sick
days per year and 4 personal days per year).
- Group term life and long-term disability insurance.
- Supplemental life insurance & accidental death and
dismemberment coverage (AD&D).
- Supplemental insurance through Aflac.
- Employee assistance program (EAP).
- Access to Family Services' Compassionate Leave Program where
employees can donate/receive unused time off.#INDBHWe are an equal
opportunity employer and our goal is to be a diverse workforce
representative of the community we serve. Family Services follows
federal, state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring
and employment. We do not discriminate against employees or
applicants in violation of those laws.MjJzVMGzFl
Keywords: Family Services Inc., Danbury , Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, Healthcare , Rhinebeck, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!