Company: The Culinary Institute of America
Location: Hyde Park
Posted on: May 16, 2022
The Registered Nurse is responsible for providing nursing care to
students, assisting students in their efforts to attain a healthy
lifestyle by providing a caring, professional environment which
supports the physical and emotional well-being of each student,
supporting the Director in the orientation and support the
Registered Nurses and identifying health and wellness opportunities
for student educational programs.
* Performs all functions standard for a Registered Nurse, including
but not limited to, providing nursing care, treatment, and medical
assistance for students, computer documentation in the Electronic
Medical Record, administering medications, immunizations and health
* Maintains confidentiality on issues under HIPAA and FERPA.
* Follows directives as given by the Director and Assistant
Director of Student Health Services.
* Participates in screening of applications, interview process and
selection of nurses.
* Serves as support for the Director, as a resource for Registered
Nurses including providing orientation, documentation review and
oversight as needed and/or directed.
* Observes and supports the Registered Nurses in the practice of
school nursing to ensure appropriate care is delivered, and
appropriate use of universal precautions and proper safety
procedures is maintained.
* Assists with the coordination and training of staff, including
but not limited to, CPR, Medical Documentation, Allergy Injections,
* Incorporates evidenced-based practice in school nursing
* Assists Director with maintaining adequate scheduling of nursing
staff to cover clinic(s) hours of operation.
* Acts as/assists the Director/Assistant Director, with routine and
emergency vaccine management plans which includes but is not
limited to ordering, receiving, storing, updating policy and
procedures, and monitoring of vaccine and other clinic
medications/medical supply inventory.
* Aids in managing infectious illness outbreaks and preventative
* Coordinates and participates in pertinent health and wellness
student programs/screenings/surveys on campus and with various
community agencies and professionals (Registration, First Aid
presentations, HIV/STI testing, Smoking Cessation, Alcohol
Awareness, Student Satisfaction, Flu clinic, etc.).
* Provides coordination, development, presentation, and reporting
support of a variety of educational programs.
* Coordinates and produces monthly Educational Bulletin Board
information in student waiting area and contributes information to
the Student Web Portal.
* Assists with new student medical documentation and communication
with students to achieve compliance with NYS, Federal and CIA
regulations and requirements prior to admission and while on
campus, monitor CIA Health Services email and assist with branch
* Assists Assistant Director with review, update and revision of
written department policies and procedures and Standard Operating
* Assumes responsibility for personal professional growth, maintain
current knowledge, and keep skills up to date.
* Any and all other duties as assigned.
* Minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from an accredited
four-year college or university.
* Five (5) or more years Medical-Surgical or Emergency Room
Licenses / Certifications:
* Current, valid New York Registered Nurse license by time of
* Current and up to date immunization record including proof of
* Current, valid cardiopulmonary (CPR) and first aid certification
by time of appointment.
* Basic Life Saving (BLS) Certification.
* NYS Infection Control Course completion.
* Wound Care Certification.
* Higher education working experience.
* Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system knowledge.
* Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
required. Must have demonstrated ability in organizational, time
management, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
* Strong customer service skills.
* Ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities
* Work independently with minimal direction.
* Ability to work independently or in a team environment and
maintain effective working relationships.
* Demonstrate sound judgment and decision making with
confidentiality and discretion.
* Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to be
adaptable, dependable and handle multiple priorities
* Strong computer skills, which must include abilities to work
effectively with MS Office suite products, i.e., Word, Excel, and
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule with overtime on nights
and weekends as required by business needs.
* Ability to physically respond to ill and/or injured students in
other in areas of the campus.
* Ability to transport patients in a wheelchair.
* Ability to bend, and lift patients, supplies.
* Regular work requires a great deal of sitting and standing for
extended periods of time.
At The Culinary Institute of America, it is important to us that we
support our employees with a substantial and meaningful package of
benefits. We believe in supporting our employees with benefits to
assist with work life balance.
Benefits are offered based on the position type and status.
Benefits offered may include:
* Medical and prescription drug plan
* Dental plan, Vision plan
* Insurance: Life, Home, Auto, even Pet!
* Short- and long-term disability plans
* Generous paid time off programs, including paid holidays
* Retirement savings plan 403(b) with company contribution
* Employee assistance program
* And more!
The CIA has implemented a policy requiring all employees, students
and on-site contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccination.
Reasonable accommodations are available to applicants when legally
Keywords: The Culinary Institute of America, Danbury , Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Hyde Park, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!