Operating Room Registered Nurse (RN OR) -Danbury Surgical Center
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Posted on: May 15, 2022
# of Openings: 2
Category: Registered Nurse
System ID: 17782
Group Name: Acela
Salary Min: USD $31.15/Hr.
Salary Max: USD $55.77/Hr.
***Sign on Bonus Available***
Danbury Surgical Center is actively hiring for a Full-Time OR
Registered Nurse to join their team. Danbury Surgical Center is a
busy, well-established outpatient surgical center that has been
serving the greater Danbury area for over 35 years. Currently, we
perform procedures in the specialties of Ophthalmology,
Orthopedics, ENT, Plastic Surgery, Spine, Pain Management, and GI
Endoscopy. Our facility is open Monday - Friday and is easily
accessible from I-84.
Want to know more about our Surgery Center, Click Here
- NO NIGHTS, WEEKENDS, HOLIDAYS OR CALL
- Positive work culture
- Generous Paid Time Off including 8 paid holidays
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance - eligible
on Day 1 of employment
- Employer-paid life and short- and long-term disability
- Excellent 401(k) Plan
- Great growth opportunities
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
We are actively hiring for an Registered Nurse (RN) Operating
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of SCA.
- Assess patient status throughout the perioperative episode of
- Develop an individualized perioperative patient plan of care
- Evaluate the patient's progress toward attaining outcomes.
- Transfer care as applicable.
- Maintain radiation safety at all times in accordance with
facility policies and procedures.
- Provide hand-off report to other teammates that are accurate,
concise and pertinent to the patient's condition and response to
- Document episode of care accurately, timely, completely, and
- Demonstrate effective communication and collaboration skills
with members of the perioperative team and other stakeholders.
- Serve as a member of a multidisciplinary team in planning
perioperative patient care.
- Participate in quality review and performance improvement
- Participate in the performance appraisal process.
- Use problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to foster
effective work relationships.
- Maintain required competencies.
- Act as a patient advocate and maintain privacy and
confidentiality of individuals and health information.
- Comply with all SCA and facility policies and procedures when
providing patient care.
- Actively participate in team meetings and trainings.
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- At least one year of OR nursing experience is required.
- Current CT RN license
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS) or Basic
Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) within 90 of employment or
documentation of current BLS/BCLS certification.
- Successful completion of Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
(ACLS) Course within 90 days of employment or documentation of
current ACLS certification.
- Successful completion of Pediatric Advance Life support (PALS)
course is required when pediatric care is included in the facility
scope of services within 90 days of employment or documentation of
current PALS certification.
- Specialty certification in Perioperative Nursing is
Surgical Care Affiliates (SCA) is transforming specialty care in
our communities. We relentlessly create value by aligning
physicians, health plans and health systems around a common goal:
delivering exceptional care and healing to our patients and
communities we serve. We are driven to achieve the quadruple aim in
health care: high quality outcomes and a better experience for
patients and providers, all at a lower total cost of care. As a
national leader in surgical care, SCA's 10,000 teammates operate
more than 250 surgical facilities that serve nearly 1 million
patients per year. For more information on SCA, visit
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, Danbury , Operating Room Registered Nurse (RN OR) -Danbury Surgical Center, Healthcare , Danbury, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!