RN Supervisor - Danbury
Company: Samba Care
Posted on: May 10, 2022
RN SupervisorDuties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in directing and supervising the implementation of the
resident care plan, including but not limited to: ensuring use of
appropriate safety devices, positioning and toileting plans,
infection control measures.
- Assist in coordinating and supervising all services on assigned
units to achieve a comfortable and homelike atmosphere for the
- Regular rounding on nursing units that includes but is not
limited to: checking in with licensed and unlicensed staff,
checking residents who are acutely ill or actively dying, greeting
all new admissions.
- Assure that staff treats residents with dignity and
- Assure staff follow facility policies and procedures.
- Assist in creating a team-oriented atmosphere that enhances
resident care and quality of life. Provide support and direction
for nurses including, but not limited to: assisting in assessment
and care planning for residents who may be experiencing a change in
condition, assisting with task management and setting priorities,
providing education, obtaining appropriate
- Monitor and assure that incidents, accidents and resident/staff
complaints are reported and documented correctly. Assist in
determining root cause, and in initiating preventive
measures/interim safety plan. Assure communication to all
responsible parties including administration and unit
- Facilitate communication between licensed nurses and providers,
responsible parties or outside vendors as needed to ensure resident
care needs are appropriately met.
- Assure complete and accurate documentation through
spot-checking and on-going supervision.
- Respond to, assist with and document facility emergencies.
- Consult with Unit Managers in the provision of continuity of
care to residents. Discuss staffing issues and emergent or on-going
- Exercise hiring and terminating authority.
- Facilitate communication between shift staff and unit
- Assist in ensuring adequate staffing for the nursing
- Discipline unit staff according to Human Resources and nursing
department policies when necessary.
- Supervise proper use of equipment. Recommend equipment and
supply needs to DON.
- Assist in direct resident care and work as a staff nurse, as
- Prepare/administer performance reviews for shift staff in
consultation with unit managers; provide correction/re-education to
shift staff as needed.Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program and licensed RN.
- Minimum one-year experience in long term care - supervisory
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Keywords: Samba Care, Danbury , RN Supervisor - Danbury, Healthcare , Danbury, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!