Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Part Time (Carmel, NY)
Company: PrimeCare Medical, Inc.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Correctional Medicine opening in Carmel, New York. This and
other nurse practitioner jobs brought to you by
PrimeCare Medical of NY, Inc. (i.e., PCM), recruiting on behalf of
Professional Care Medical Practice PC, has been in operation since
1986. We are a private, physician founded, nationally accredited
correctional healthcare practice. PCM was voted of the Top 50
Fastest Growing Companies of 2019, 2020, & 2021 by the Central Penn
PCM provides comprehensive medical & mental health care services to
80 county jails, prisons, and juvenile detention centers throughout
the states of PA, MD, WV, NY, & NH.
Correctional behavioral health care is a unique, challenging, and
exciting opportunity for today's mental health professional in that
it provides the ability to truly utilize all of your learned
clinical skills and knowledge on a daily basis. Correctional mental
health care is the perfect hybrid of Outpatient & Inpatient
Psychiatry; serving an often underserved and extremely diverse
patient population, and provides unrivaled scheduling
We are presently seeking a Part-Time, Psychiatric Nurse
Practitioner (PMHNP) or Physician Assistant to provide on-site
mental health care services at the Putnam County Jail in Carmel,
This is a very flexible/limited part-time position & requires only
3 hours of on-site care per week (i.e., Monday's – Friday's (no
weekends), during normal business hours).
To quickly summary some key points:
- Hourly compensation is negotiable and commensurate based on
- Company paid liability insurance (including tail) is provided;
- Generous part-time PTO & Sick leave package included.
In this role the NP or PA will be performing mental health
examinations on all newly incarcerated patients, as well as
evaluating patients for suicide risk, and present your observations
to the attending psychiatrist.
You will be responsible for performing a variety of duties,
- Ensuring complete, accurate and timely mental health entries
are made for each patient contact.
- Providing counseling and education on common mental health
- Performing histories and physicals on all newly committed
patients in accordance with NCCHC/ACA Standards, facility
requirements, and PCM policies and procedures.
- Complying with standards of care in accordance with NCCHC/ACA
and accepted healthcare standards.
- Developing and conducting in-service education programs
according to annual in-service calendar, as assigned by PCM Medical
Director and/or Administrator.
- Reviewing patient records to determine health status and
initiate necessary treatment.
- Screening patient mental health call requests to determine
appropriate follow up care.
- Evaluating patients at mental health call for common
- Ordering appropriate laboratory tests and X-rays.
- Ordering specialty consultations when indicated.
- Providing other services as required at the request of the PCM
Medical Director and/or Administrator.
- Providing ongoing, continuous care for patients with chronic
mental health problems.
- Collecting specimens for and carrying out commonly performed
blood, urine, and stool analyses and cultures.
- Evaluating and initiating treatment in emergency mental health
- Prescribing therapeutic modalities such as medications and
diets in accordance with regulations.
This position is exciting and fast paced. As such we must have
someone who is able to multi-task well and has excellent time
management skills. They must also have the ability to work
independently and be comfortable with making patient diagnosis on
their own, thus prior experience is preferred.
- Licensed to practice as a PMHNP or PA-C within the State of New
- Board Certified.
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner or Physician
Assistant program (with concentration/focus in Psychiatry &
- Maintain a current DEA number & ability to prescribe
medications in New York.
- Active Buprenorphine Waiver/X-Waiver & experience is Substance
Abuse/Addiction/MAT - strongly preferred.
- Maintain a current Driver's License.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong clinical skills and ability to work independently are a
We're committed to managing and reducing risk in correctional
healthcare by providing cost-effective quality healthcare
management, continuously improving the standards of care.
Dedicated to correctional healthcare, PCM prides itself on our
strong client relationships, effective and efficient management of
healthcare services. These attributes continue to be the hallmark
of our success. With new contracts established regularly,
opportunities for development and advancement are ample.
PCM utilizes a proprietary EMR system customized to our practice,
and specifically designed for correctional healthcare. Said
technology is user-friendly, intuitive, and always available. At
PCM, we're dedicated to your long-term success and foster this by
providing individually catered training to every one of our
providers. We teach you how to document in real-time and tactfully
structure our call requirements, to ensure that you're life outside
of your career is focused on the things that truly matter.
To learn more about why PrimeCare Medical, Inc. is The Choice for
Quality Correctional Health Care, please apply today to schedule a
phone interview. We're ready to speak with you about joining our
PrimeCare Medical family!
Keyphrases: correctional medical services jobs, correctional
medicine jobs, correctional health services jobs, prison health
Keywords: PrimeCare Medical, Inc., Danbury , Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Part Time (Carmel, NY), Healthcare , Carmel, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!