Specialty Pharmacy Technician
Company: Northwell health
Location: Hyde Park
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Job DescriptionJob DescriptionPrepares medications; maintains
records and reports; maintains sufficient inventories at
- Assists Registered Pharmacist in the non-professional
(non-judgmental) aspects of preparing and dispensing medication by
filling, packaging, labeling and stocking.
- Labels containers of drugs according to department
specification, either manually or mechanically.
- Assists Registered Pharmacist in maintaining a variety of
records and reports.
- Maintains sufficient inventory at workstations in
- Transports required pharmacy material, as necessary.
- Operates point-of-sale cash register system according to
department policies while ensuring positive customer
- Interacts with customers and healthcare providers (or Pharmacy
Benefit Managers) to help facilitate the filling of prescriptions,
handle/resolve rejections, and obtain prior authorization which
will expedite prescriptions into the workflow.
- Complies with Food and Drug Administration (FDA) mandates and
self-imposed manufacturer restrictions on particular drugs, as
applicable including Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS)
programs and manufacturer limited distribution drug
- Responsible for extemporaneous medication packaging, as
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted
here are considered essential functions of the job under the
Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but
considered related are not essential functions.Job Qualification
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Current Pharmacy Technician Certification required, plus
specialized certifications as needed.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, required.
Keywords: Northwell health, Danbury , Specialty Pharmacy Technician, Healthcare , Hyde Park, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!