Surgical Tech Certified (POOL) - Western Connecticut Orthopedic
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Location: US-CT-Danbury# of Openings: 1Category: Per DiemSystem
ID: 14443OverviewSCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry,
strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health
systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical
facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities,
including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in
partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more
information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.Accountabilities /
ResponsibilitiesWe are actively hiring for an Surgical Technologist
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of SCA.
- Function as a scrub person during operative and other invasive
- Protecting the patient from injury caused by extraneous objects
and chemical, electrical, laser, mechanical, and thermal
- Demonstrating safe operating of equipment and machinery and
follows procedures for reporting and correcting an unsafe
- Performing accounting procedures to protect the patient from
unintended retained surgical items.
- Speaking up with safety concerns acting as the patient's
- Handling specimens according to facility policy and
- Adhering to standard precautions including the use of personal
- Performing interventions to maintain the patient's wound and
tissue perfusion at or above baseline levels.
- Performing interventions to protect the patient from surgical
- Assembling supplies and equipment required for the
- Preparing and organizing sterile supplies and instruments for
- Providing instruments and supplies to the surgical team during
- Protecting the patient's rights, dignity, and privacy.
- Providing age-specific, culturally competent, ethical care
within legal standards of practice.
- Maintaining a fire safe environment.
- Practicing and monitoring aseptic technique.
- Complying with Universal Protocol and facility site validation
and time-out policy.
- Maintain radiation safety at all times in accordance with
facility policies and procedures.
- Clean and prepare surgical instruments for processing and
transport them to the decontamination areas.
- Evaluate the patient's progress toward attaining outcomes.
- Provide hand-off report to other teammates that are accurate,
concise and pertinent to the patient's condition and response to
- Document episode of care accurately, timely, completely, and
- Demonstrate effective communication and collaboration skills
with members of the perioperative team and other stakeholders.
- Assist with post procedure cleaning of the operative or other
invasive procedure room and preparation of room for subsequent
- Serve as a member of a multidisciplinary team in planning
perioperative patient care.
- Participate in quality review and performance improvement
- Participate in the performance appraisal process.
- Use problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to foster
effective work relationships.
- Maintain required competencies.
- Pursue professional growth.
- Act as a patient advocate and main privacy and confidentiality
of individuals and health information.
- Comply with all SCA and facility policies and procedures,
regulatory and accreditation standards and professional guidelines
when providing patient care.
- Actively participate in team meetings, trainings, and daily
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility.
- Perform all other duties as assigned. Qualifications
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Graduate of a recognized and accredited Surgical Technologist
- Prior Experience as a Surgical Technologist preferred.
- Current Surgical Technologist certification preferred.
- Successful completion of BCLS Course within 90 days of
employment or documentation of current BCLS certification. Working
- Physically demanding, high-stress environment
- Exposure to blood and body fluids, communicable diseases,
chemicals, radiation, and repetitive motions
- Pushing and pulling heavy objects
- Full range of body motion including handling and lifting
patients and equipment
- Manual and finger dexterity
- Hand eye coordination
- Standing and walking for extensive periods of time
- Lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 lbs
- Corrected vision and hearing to within normal range
- Working irregular hours As a representative of Surgical Care
Affiliates, all comments, attitudes, actions, and behaviors have a
direct impact on the Facility's success. Interaction with patients,
families, physicians, referral sources, affiliated schools,
visitors, volunteers, co-workers, supervisors, vendors, etc. must
be in a manner that is friendly, supportive, courteous, respectful,
cooperative, and professional. This behavior should promote an
atmosphere of teamwork, a culture of safety, and in accordance with
SCA Core Values. EEO StatementWe value Diversity, Inclusion, and
Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment
Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin,
disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic
protected by law. UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace.
Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, Danbury , Surgical Tech Certified (POOL) - Western Connecticut Orthopedic, Healthcare , Danbury, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!