Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job SummaryThe Engineering Manager is responsible for leading
the Arcmed design engineering team focused on fluidic components
based in Danbury Ct. The qualified individual will be responsible
for planning, organizing, assigning, and executing the duties of
the engineering team to meet company objectives for design and
development of new and revised products for our customers. This
role will also encompass working with customers to provide design
solutions.Duties and Responsibilities
- Champion key projects, processes and performance metrics
related to the Arcmed product development processes.
- Leads development team to strengthen new product introduction
and design transfer to production.
- Leads team of design engineers to support customers and meet
- Selects, develops, trains and supervises fluidic component
design engineering staff.
- Develops, implements and improves policies procedures and
- Reviews and analyses customer application project proposals
using Request for Quote process to ensure alignment with Arcmed
- Leads engineering research for new products and markets.
- Defines necessary budgets for staff, training, facility and
- Contributes to market research through trade associations,
networking, corporate services to facilitate NPD and research
projects.Required Skills and Attributes
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- Must have 7+ years of product design experience.
- Preferred fluidics expertise.
- Must have 2+ year of experience leading, motivating and
inspiring direct reports and have the ability to lead through
example and influence throughout an organization. Must have 3+
years project management experience
- Must have product development experience through regulated NPD
- Preferred experience in medical device industry.
- Preferred experience with design and fabrication of
low-pressure fluidic components, fittings, bonded manifolds,
probes, catheters, syringes. Preferred experience developing
- * GD&T expertise
- DFM/DFA expertise
- Knowledge of quality systems and standards
- Must be able to communicate and build relationships across
functions and at all levels of the organization with confidence and
authority. Experience developing and coordinating procedures to
- Strong communication and negotiation skills with the ability to
reason and influence atall levels. Problem solving and analysis
skills (i.e. A3, 8D, Six Sigma, KT, Shainin), making
decisionsquickly to improve performance. Ability to champion change
and effectively manage the implementation of new ideas. * Ability
to set and review measurable and attainable goals to support staff
- Create, review, analyse, document, and implement guidelines,
standards, and procedures as part of continuous improvement
initiatives. Ability to manage complexity and resolve conflicts
that arise from balancing multiple priorities, utilizing project
management skills to ensure clear visibility, accountability and
action tracking. Desire and drive to and improve business processes
- Project Management and Leadership Skills
- 3D CAD experience with SolidWorks or similar.
- Experience working with ERP software (Epicor preferred)
- Follows design and production release procedures in an ISO 9001
manufacturingenvironment Authors procedures in an ISO 9001
manufacturing environment. * Operating in a highly regulated
industry (FDA, FAA for example)Arcmed does not accept unsolicited
resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited
referrals and resumes are considered Arcmed property and therefore,
Arcmed will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the
receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Arcmed's request only,
preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open
positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Arcmed
must be in place and current. All employees applying for an
internal position are encouraged to have a discussion with his/her
manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The
discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if
their skills meet the job requirements.
Keywords: Arcmed, Danbury , Engineering Manager, Executive , Danbury, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!