Director Of Facilities
Company: Kearney Realty & Development Group
Posted on: June 22, 2022
The Kearney Realty & Development Group, Inc. -(Kearney Group) is
a diversified real estate development, general contracting, and
property management firm located in Somers, New York. Kearney
Group's portfolio includes office, retail, market-rate, affordable,
and mixed-income developments. To date, Kearney Group has
successfully developed commercial and residential projects valued
at over $250 million and manages over 1,200 apartments throughout
New York State.Position Overview:Has overall responsibility for
ensuring organization-wide consistent standards of building
maintenance operations and appearance, the management of
preventative maintenance and overseeing improvement and
infrastructure projects. Also, has responsibility for assuring
facilities related systems maximize operational performance. Is
responsible for managing within budget guidelines; planning and
developing organizational structure; hiring subordinate staff,
working with contractors and creating master operational plans that
meet current and future company needs.Primary Responsibilities:
- Maintains property by investigating issues, inspecting sites,
scheduling repairs and planning renovations. Ensures landscaping,
trash collection and snow removal is done timely and properly
through subordinate staff.
- Keeps records on the Agency properties including expenses, list
of inspections, maintenance requests, records of repair, costs of
repair, maintenance costs and insurance costs.
- Creates effective communication, management and reporting
systems as needed.
- Directs and prioritizes work resources including strategic
decisions regarding insource and outsource of skilled trade
- Serves as agency expert in planning, scheduling and approving
operations and functions including project work, major repairs, and
pre-priced work requests for.
- Oversees related construction/renovation projects and provides
- Ensures timely preparation and monitoring of goals, policies,
budgets and appropriate documentation.
- Accomplishes organizational goals by accepting ownership for
accomplishing new and different requests and exploring
opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Prepares project cost estimates, work scopes, and bid/contract
documents and fulfil insurance requirements.
- Develops policies and procedures for department to follow.
- Oversees preventive maintenance being performed on Company
properties to ensure they are kept in top condition and performed
in a timely.
- Maintains a network of reliable plumbers, electricians,
carpenters and other contractors.
- Hires, evaluates, disciplines, terminates, directs and manages
- Visits agency properties for areas of concerns and
- Reviews invoices, proposals and other service provider
- Ensures contractors and other repairmen are completing their
work in a proper and timely manner and resolves any issues.
- Ensure that facility management staff consistently provides
positive and prompt response to requests from the client and
- Participates in team meetings and the accomplishment of team
- Coordinate the collection, analysis and reporting by the
facility management team of statistical data and analysis to
provide accurate and current assessment of facility management
objectives, work order productivity, cost savings and improvements.
Review work order metrics and system to identify service gaps and
recurring issues and provide corrective actions
- Assist in development of capital budgets for the property. This
includes contributions towards a five- year plan of maintenance,
facility improvement and cost reduction initiatives
- Prepares and presents reports to Executive Management.
- Performs other duties as requestedRequired skills and
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or a related field
- At least ten years of experience in Facilities Management with
an organization that has a diverse portfolio
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
- Ability to analyze and resolve highly difficult problems,
integrate information from multiple sources, utilize creative
thinking and exercise considerable judgment and
- Excellent oral and written communication and analytical
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with
contractors, repairmen, regulatory bodies, city and state
inspectors, subordinate staff, etc.
- Ability to multi-task and attention to detail
- Presents a positive team attitude
- Ability to oversee a large scattered portfolio
- Computer literacy in a Windows environment
- Willing to travel to agency sites 25-50% of the timeRequired
skills and expertise:
- Minimum of 8-10 years of facility management experience with at
least 3 years at the level of Facility Manager
- Experience in and all facets of property operation and building
- Experience with human resource and performance management
Keywords: Kearney Realty & Development Group, Danbury , Director Of Facilities, Executive , Somers, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!