Company: Stanley Black & Decker
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Job Description Plant Manager
Onsite - Danbury, CT
Make A Difference For Those Who Make The World---
It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of
purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of
excellence. People who care about making things better For Those
Who Make The World---. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of
56,000+ professionals in 60 countries who are making their mark on
some of the world's most beloved brands, including DEWALT,
CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN, LENOX and more .
The Plant Manager will direct the efforts of all operations
personnel to meet the safety requirements, customer quality and
delivery requirements and maintain operations aligned with Company
objectives. This includes directing and initiating cost savings
efforts and quality programs, implementing and maintaining capital
assets, development of manufacturing budgets and meeting stated
financial objectives. The Plant Manager ensures that all safety
practices are in compliance with OSHA and fulfills the legislative
requirement for EH&S matters. Additionally, this individual
will work cross functionally with the management team to evaluate
business strategies and develop and implement strategic plans. The
Plant Manager will work to develop personnel and their leadership
skills for key positions through delegation of responsibilities,
motivation and training. This individual will be responsible for
sharing the company vision, as well as development and
implementation of initiatives to achieve key objectives.
What You'll Do
As a Plant Manager, you'll be part of our Engineered Fastening team
located in Danbury, CT. You'll get to:
- Directs, administers, and coordinates the activities in support
of the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Ensures that all safety practices are in compliance with OSHA
and plant policies, rules are being enforced.
- Represents the Company and fulfills legislative requirement for
EHS matters; and company procedures and policies must be followed
and maintained in all considerations.
- Ensures -maximum and efficient use of all direct personnel,
related manufacturing equipment and indirect operations
- Develops plant budgets to meet financial business goals.
- Monitors plant performance by analyzing current and future
demand, cost, efficiency of operations and provides feedback to
- Directly involved in budgeting, forecasting, and controlling
all manufacturing related costs.
- Coordinates the execution of manufacturing schedules based on
- Responsible for application of methods, production standards,
and adherence to safety programs. This involves participation in
equipment purchases, tool and plant design, product design and
processes. Who You Are
You always strive to do a good job---but wouldn't it be great if
you could do your job and do a world of good? You care about
quality - at every level. You love to learn and grow and be
acknowledged for your valuable contributions. You're not
intimidated by innovation. In fact, you embrace it. You also have:
- Bachelor's degree in manufacturing, management or engineering
- Management experience 7+ years, manufacturing experience
- Knowledge of S&OP and Planning -
- Knowledge of manufacturing, safety and quality practices
- Effective budget management skills
- Demonstrated effectiveness of developing and managing
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks with multiple
- Prior experience with Six 6 and Lean principles preferred What
You'll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan:
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability,
401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner
programs. Ho w You'll Feel
We want our company to be a place you'll want to be - and stay.
Being part of our team means you'll get to:
- Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and
develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including
our Lean Academy, Coursera - and online university.
- Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have
mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity and
- Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally
and globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable
business practices. What's more, you'll get that pride that comes
from empowering makers, doers, protectors and everyday heroes all
over the world. We're more than the #1 tools and storage company
and #2 security solutions provider, with a leading presence in
engineered fastening. We're visionaries. Industry 4.0 innovators.
As successful as we've been in the past, we have so much further to
go. That's where you come in. Join us!
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
veteran's status or any other protected characteristic Requisition
Number 89931BR Business SEF Global Operations No. of Positions 1
EEO Statement All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker
are considered for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected
characteristic. Function Manufacturing Featured Category on SBD
Careers Manufacturing, Supply Management & Operations
Keywords: Stanley Black & Decker, Danbury , Plant Manager, Executive , Danbury, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!