Assistant Director of Nursing
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Opened in 1973, ArchCare at Ferncliff Nursing Home is located on 36
beautiful acres of the former Astor family estate just outside the
historic village of Rhinebeck. Our goal is to provide the best
possible experience through holistic care that addresses not only
the residents' physical needs, but their social, psychological,
emotional and spiritual needs as well.
- Assist in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of the
Director of Nursing (DON) as directed by the Director.
- Covers for the DON in their absence.
- Provides weekend, administrative on call coverage as scheduled
by the Director of Nursing.
- Participates in the development of nursing policies and
procedures according to regulations.
- Responsible for day-to-day oversight and operation all nursing
- Responsible for the coordination and oversight of the
electronic medical record system for all nursing units and
- Identify and formulate nursing staff educational needs and
coordinates as needed.
- Implements effective mechanisms for the supervision and
performance appraisal of nursing personnel assigned to job
- Participates in Committees and performs audits for reporting to
these Committees including; Quality Assurance, Safety, Exposure
Control, Admissions, Medical Staff, Pharmacy Meeting, Unit
Meetings, and Department Head Meetings.
- Monitors and evaluates the quality and appropriateness of
nursing care on a daily basis.
- Participates in professional activities within the Community
including job fairs and other assigned events.
- Performs ongoing audits regarding resident care under the
direction of the DON including but not limited to: Admission &
Discharge Records, Medical Documentation, psychotropic usage,
quality indicator performance, MAR/TAR omissions, medication
errors, falls and occurrence reports, wound care management, plans
of correction, mock survey findings and corrections, abuse
investigations, Resident CPR status, etc.
- Under the direction of the DON, coordinates and oversees the
incident/accident (occurrence) program and the Residents Safety
Committee for all nursing units.
- Oversees Restraint/Enabler Committee and assures proper usage
and documentation throughout the facility
- Functions as Infection Control Officer for entire facility,
maintains nosocomial surveillance, immunizations, standards of
care, compliance with precaution needs, coordination of outbreak
control. Responsible for monthly reports to QA and DOH as
- Ensures maintenance of unit master lists, 802 forms, and other
high risk diagnosis'/procedures. i.e fluid restrictions, Coumadin
residents, dialysis, etc.
- Coordinates and oversees the wandering development which
includes maintaining current logs, lists of all room alerts and
residents photos for established facility procedures and assigned
nursing units. Incorporates this program and into the Safety
- Responsible for the LAB Program which includes the monitoring
/auditing of appropriate labs ordered for each resident such as
labs, testing, sonograms, x-rays, and consults. Maintains the lab
printer acts as the liaison with the LAB reports from unit
computers to follow up with the physicians and monitors this is
- Acts as liaison with the Medical Director, Bioreference,
Medfax, Long Term Solutions, Pharmscript, Rehab Therapy, and
Morrison to coordinate quality services and effective
- Performs audits for QA as directed by the DON/administrator on
the monthly /quarterly basis and reports to the QA committee.
- Responsible for the follow up on all pharmacy consultations and
issues and pharmacy committee audits /follow up. Responsible for
the prompt follow up of all of the Medication Regimen Reviews.
- Keeps the DON informed of any/all important events, concerns,
feed back, problems, in the nursing department.
- Communicates daily with the administrator /DON to follow up
on/relay any concerns issues, problems, and investigations.
- Responsible for behavior management program development and
ongoing monitoring and audits.
- Assists in the preparation of the Health services operating and
capital budget, monitors expenditures and prepares variance
- Covers Nursing Unit in the absence of the Nurse Manager or
- Follows up on Daily Nursing Report issues and resident/family
- Arranges for the coordination and return of medication to the
pharmacy and the storage and destruction of medications as
- Performs other duties as requested by the Administrator
Experience: 5 years in LTC or Acute Care Setting
- IV Therapy experience
- CPR Certificate
- 5-7 years experience in a LTC facility.
- New York State Registered Nurse
- Progressive supervisory /managerial experience,
Microsoft Office - Including Word, Excel, Power Point
- Knowledge of LTC State and federal regulation's. Knowledge of
MDS, Care Planning , infection control, Employee Health and Budget
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Strong knowledge of Electronic Medical Record Processes
- Excellent Clinical Assessment Skills
- Excellent Documentation Skills
Please apply online at
Keywords: ArchCare, Danbury , Assistant Director of Nursing, Executive , Rhinebeck, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!