Conferences & Events - Director
Company: Freeman Company
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Career Opportunities: Conferences & Events - Director (87485)
Requisition ID--87485-----Posted--03/30/2021----- Country (1) -----
Location (140) ----- Function (1) ----- Job Type (1) We are a
global company of thinkers, designers, and doers. Freeman partners
with our clients to build a connection with their customers by
creating brand experiences that are seamless, innovative, and
immersive. From strategy, creative, and digital to logistics and
event technology, our teams place the client at the center, helping
them connect to people in meaningful and personal ways. What makes
us unique is our collaborative culture, intuitive knowledge, global
perspective, and personalized approach developed from our 90-year
legacy as an industry leader. Freeman connects people to a universe
of opportunities that create a spark, build understanding, and
inspire action. Summary The Conferences & Events Director works
directly with Operations, Sales, Digital, Strategy and Creative
leadership to maintain the strategic vision of Operations. This
position will be tasked with communicating, managing, and directing
that vision within the department, as well as with both internal
and external customers, other Freeman divisions and constituents
outside of Freeman. This position must be able to provide clear and
decisive direction to all members of the Conferences and Events
team under their management as well as broader account teams and
clients, utilizing strong leadership and communication skills as
well as demonstrable account and project management expertise.
- Works cross-functionally with teams (sales, strategy, creative,
digital, operations, production, audio visual and expo) to lead and
manage corporate event programs including, but not limited to
virtual events, trade shows, conferences, special events and
ancillary events and experiential activations.
- Collaborates with sales, operations, creative, and production
teams on RFP process and manages sold programs from inception
through execution and post event wrap up.
- Manage one (1) or more Conference & Events Managers,
Specialists, Coordinators, and / or Producers on programs or as
- Conducts regular employee reviews along with annual Performance
- Assigns and monitors workload of staff with the ability to
create, review and manage client budgets.
- Mentors and supports department employees in developing account
management skills and experience.
- Assists in new employee training along with ongoing training of
current employees while creating a goal-oriented atmosphere within
- Typical project scope responsibilities include: the management
of resources, teams and execution plans to fulfill venue sourcing
and management, digital platform selection and management, audio
visual, promotional items, print collateral, staffing, signage
development, d--cor, food & beverage, registration, housing,
security, transportation and graphics.
- Additional responsibilities may include: clear understanding of
client goals and objectives, event timelines and vendor
organization, digital asset management, track session management,
speaker/keynote engagements/presentations, expo management and
trade show sponsorship fulfillment.
- Creates and manages budgets, vendor invoice/expense tracking
and final reconciliation.
- Develop and track project schedules, agendas and show flows as
needed. Drives timeline with team and clients.
- Runs weekly team and client meetings and prepares follow-up
notes and action item reports.
- Ensures programs are within budget and meeting profit margin
- Ensures flawless execution, quality of service and timely
delivery of all necessary components, properties, and materials for
- Collaborates with other Freeman divisions and third party
vendors to efficiently and respectfully deliver services.--
- Effectively communicate to clients, internal teams, and third
- Runs client and internal kick off, weekly meetings, and
- Works with client and account team on planning, execution and
post-event reporting. Maintains consistent and thorough
communication with all involved.--
- Negotiates contracts/agreements with third party vendors and
- Provides various reports and show analysis; conducts
- Performs other duties as assigned. Education & Experience
- Bachelor degree or equivalent combination of education and
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in the event space.--
- Previous experience in operations leadership and program
management (event theme/messaging, speaker support, video,
web/social media, mobile apps, live demo, etc.
- Experience in managing account teams and clients, other Freeman
division teams, vendors, equipment, and timelines.
- Experience in sourcing and managing all aspects of live and
virtual events (both conferences and tradeshows) including but not
limited to: AV (general session, breakouts, & entertainment)
registration, graphics, event flow, creative, food and beverage,
transportation, parties/evening events, venue management, expo and
exhibit production, and sourcing and managing both US and
- Strong venue sourcing and contract management.
- Exposure to and previous experience with budget management of
up to $2,000,000.
- Ability to quickly recognize or anticipate problem areas and
quickly develop solutions.
- Flexible, self-motivated, energetic, and uses time productively
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office tools such as Excel, Word,
- Efficient and organized, with a keen eye for details.--
- Excellent customer service with proven written and verbal
communication skills. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations None
required. Travel Requirements Travel 25% to 50% Diversity
Commitment At Freeman, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is
helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an
environment where our employees, our customers and our communities
around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics,
disability, age, veteran status and other characteristic protected
by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Freeman Company, Danbury , Conferences & Events - Director, Executive , Montgomery, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!