Project Manager Enterprise Operations
Company: CNO Financial Group, Inc
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Operations Carmel, Indiana Chicago, Illinois Philadelphia,
Pennsylvania Tuesday, February 16, 2021 CNO Financial Group
Enterprise Operations Seeks Our Next Project Manager!
The Project Manager of Enterprise Operations is responsible leading
and managing to outcomes of multiple large complex projects (and/or
including smaller projects) simultaneously with a typical budget of
up to $2M. The role will have in-depth, specialized expertise in at
least two of the following Project Management methodologies -
Waterfall, Lean/Six Sigma, Agile, or a Hybrid approach - with a
strong knowledge base in all the methodologies, and a keen skill
for tailoring multiple methodologies together based on the needs of
the respective project. Our next Project Manager Enterprise
Operations will also be responsible for supporting the Director on
coaching and development of assigned team and will use specialized
skills and experience to strengthen the performance of the team
overall. This role will drive business value by collaborating
across departments to deliver outcomes of multiple large and
complex projects with significant business impact. Key Job
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for defining and refining project scope, budget,
objectives, resources, tools, success metrics, and key milestones.
Conducts planning to set realistic targets for team.
- Negotiates and delivers on resource commitments between
departments and teams.
- Serves as a liaison between the Enterprise Operations PMO and
other PMOs across the enterprise as well as with the Project
Competency Center (PCC).
- Strong understanding of various business areas to provide
recommendations and solutions to complex business issues. Conducts
complex process mappings, recommends and executes process
improvements, and manages Agile/sprint-based implementations.
Develops plans to address complex risks and issues; recommends
solutions and best practices for PMO.
- Reviews quality management methods and plans accordingly.
- Uses creative problem-solving skills to develop and modify
processes and procedures and provides significant input into
overall project management process/procedures for the Operations
- Identifies, recommends, reviews and approves changes to process
documentation, tools, templates, etc. and ensures appropriate use
by all members of the CO-PMO team. Acts as a lead to securing
appropriate tools & information to enable team members to perform
at their best
- Works within high limits of authority to delivers and execute
on resource commitments between teams and departments. Manages
large internal and external resource requirements with competing
demands and cross-functional intersections on large/complex sized
- Manages recurring stakeholder analyses to formulate
communication and change management plans to impacted parties.
- Ensures respective projects and processes are implemented
successfully. Recognizes and eliminates process waste. Manages
appropriate closing activities including final documentation,
lessons learned, etc. Develops and utilizes appropriate governance
methodology, tools, templates as defined by the Project Competency
Center (IT-PCC) and/or the CO-PMO
- Oversees monitors issues, risks and action logs; develops risk
- Strong knowledge of business areas to build consensus among
competing goals. Has good commercial awareness and a good
understanding of CNO.
- Presents business cases, project and status updates to all
levels of the organization impacted. Persuades and influences
others, particularly at senior levels within the function.
- Typically solves complex problems and plays a large role in
decision making. Draws from professional and technical expertise in
the project management profession to influence decisions and
delivering on strategic goals.
- Provides input to technical consultants on upgrades, re-builds
and/or re-designs of processes.
- Mentors, coaches and trains team members. Facilitates training
delivery to team members and develops necessary materials. May have
one or two direct reports to assist with project efforts. Skills,
Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Has a specialized breadth of expertise in project management
principles and practices including mastery in at least one and
solid experience with all the following project management
methodologies: Agile, Lean (PDCA, DMAIC, Kaizen), Six Sigma,
- Has a good understanding of the insurance industry and of the
latest developments or changes of market conditions in the
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills. Ability to solve
complex problems and recommend solutions and best practices.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with
the business, third party vendors, and managed service providers.
Ability to persuade and influence others, particularly at senior
levels within the function.
- Strong ability to lead and coach others; prior direct reports
and performance management experience is preferred.
- Exceptional project management skills. Strong ability to
deliver on large and complex projects simultaneously, and is
extremely nimble to changing or competing priorities.
- Solid knowledge of data visualization tools such as
- Strong knowledge and experience with Innotas/Project Server or
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office tools including, Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc., and other business related
software. Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Management, Operations, or other related
field is required; or equivalent.
- A minimum of seven years of related experience, with increasing
- Requires one or more of the following certifications: and will
acquire additional certifications within two years in this role:
PMP, Lean, Six Sigma Green Belt, and/or Agile/Scrum Master. CNO
Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action
Employer. For more information, please click the following
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
As you explore job openings at CNO, please keep in mind that CNO
will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any
part of the employment application process. And CNO will
communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a
CNOinc.com or BankerLife.com email address.
If you receive an email purporting to be from CNO that asks for
payment-related information or any other personal information,
please contact law enforcement and report the email to
myHR@CNOinc.com. Bankers Life is the marketing brand of Bankers
Life and Casualty Company, Medicare Supplement insurance policies
sold by Colonial Penn Life Insurance Company and select policies
sold in New York by Bankers Conseco Life Insurance Company (BCLIC).
BCLIC is authorized to sell insurance in New York. Administrative
office: Chicago, Illinois. Welcome! We are glad you are interested
in a career with CNO Financial. As you explore job openings at CNO,
please keep in mind that CNO will never ask you to provide
payment-related information at any part of the employment
application process. And CNO will communicate with you only through
emails that are sent from a CNOinc.com or BankersLife.com email
address. If you receive an email purporting to be from CNO that
asks for payment-related information or any other personal
information, please contact law enforcement and report the email to
myHR@CNOinc.com. You have been redirected to a CNO Financial Group,
Inc. job page
Keywords: CNO Financial Group, Inc, Danbury , Project Manager Enterprise Operations, Executive , Carmel, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!